Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

sniffing.. literally

0 0

Hey i had this idea….. if you were to find any internet cable, just cut it somewher and put a plug on it from both ends, then with the help of a cheap ass server hook them up on ur pc/laptop and make it forward everything it gets to the other pc (port forwarding or dunno what's it called) and that way u can sniff the info w/t having to poison their ARP cache… but u gotta be quick…

0 0

Lets all go digging!:D

0 0

I think I understood wot u were saying… but err, wouldn't u have to actually plug the cable into the other persons pc while ur standing right next to it with ur own? You could do it with a laptop… go-go-gadget-internet-cable-with-plug-and-two-ends… and I'm sure nobody would realise if u wipped it out and stuck it into their pc…

Lol, but nice idea otherwise :)

-BluMoose

0 0

well here for example, i live in an apartment, 3 houses in my apartment take their cable connection from the same ISP so there's a HUB on the roof , and the cable goes from roof to roof til it reaches the ISP :P so what i'm sayin' is, i could sit on the roof, do the trick, and sniff the stuff… dunno if u got my point..

0 0

god wrote: well here for example, i live in an apartment, 3 houses in my apartment take their cable connection from the same ISP so there's a HUB on the roof , and the cable goes from roof to roof til it reaches the ISP :P so what i'm sayin' is, i could sit on the roof, do the trick, and sniff the stuff… dunno if u got my point..

Yehr that'd make more sence then :)

Lol I thought u meant jst trying to plug ur pc to somebody elses unnoticed or something… XD

0 0

lol im not invisible :P

0 0

Yehr, but ur god.

0 0

so any ideas on how to forward all the data to the destination computer ?

0 0

You ( or someone) could write a progarm, I personally couldnt but I can see it being possible lol

0 0

It is possible that I have COMPLETELY missed the point, but would something like Burp Proxy be useful? That sounds like the sort of thing you're after.

0 0

It operates as a man-in-the-middle between the end browser and the target web server, and allows the user to intercept, inspect and modify the raw traffic passing in both directions. that's it :D thanks :) im not gonna try it but i just wanted to know more about it.. and if i leart well abt it i might write an app for it ..

0 0

Just a hint. Burp proxy comes in very handy for "manipulating" flash-based games on a certain "Arcade" on an un-identified forum software :p .

0 0

oh LOL :P i just saw this sentence and bookmarked the site :P neways gotta go, its 11:31 PM n im sleepy… but no school tomorrow :D c u in …. 10 hours, cheers..