Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Partition

0 0

Hello!

I have a question..

If I partition my harddrive using Norton Partition Magic 8.x, can I store som things on one partition and formate the other?

Let me explain. My computer has been kinda f*cked up recently so I want to format my Samsung Spinpoint 200GB harddrive. I have some files that take up rather much space and I dont want to burn em all to DVDs before I format the computer. So I thought about making 2 partitions. 1 that I will put my files that I want to save and then format the existing partition.

my question then is. Can I, when ive formated the 1st partition, get the files that are on the 2nd not formated partition back? or will it f**k up my harddrive?

Thanks in advance

0 0

Well CinZer0,

I suggest you pick up a cheapo 10Gb block of eBay and mess around with partitioning until you get the hang of it . Remember one click out of place could wipe the hard drive completly so get used to the idea on something unimportant.;)

As far as getting the files from the non partitioned section back "Yes" you can but it may not be a good idea if they're the file which f*cked your hardrive over in the first place.:o

Remember store all your important files on some form of removeable media as well!:)