Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Remove Windows Security

0 0

Basically I have an old HD from a previous computer, but I can't get anything from it because it's protected.

I can't boot from it because when I do I just get a blue screen, probably something to do with the fact that it's not in the computer it ran on, the motherboard went faulty.

I put it in my ext hdd enclosure hoping to retreive some old files from it, but I was then faced with "Access Denied" when I tried to browse to my user directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Joe" because I denied access to it from any other user, back when I was running from that HDD.

Does anyone know a way I can get those files or remove the security? Thanks.

0 0

Boot in Safe Mode and then log on as Administrator. Not an account with administrative rights, the actual "Administrator" account.

Go to the folder that you're not allowed to access, right click it. Open Properties. In the Security Tab click Advanced. Open the Owner[ship] Tab. Select the Administrator [or Whatever you've renamed the account to, if you have] in the list, and check the box saying "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". Apply.

Next go back to the properties, security tab. Add your default user to the list you see [Click Add and then type your username and click "Check" I think it's called, it should then correct the username to Computername/Username. Check "Full Access" or "Full Control", whichever it's called. Apply.

That should fix it :) I did this myself about 3 hours ago :D