Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Any way i can get my Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter to work with Backtrack 3?

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

Hi, i recently downloaded and tried backtrack 3 via live cd on my acer aspire 5310 notebook pc. Unfortunateley, but not surprisingly, the adapter in some way or another isnt compatable with backtrack 3, my computer oiginally came with windows vista home premium by the way, i was just wondering if there is any wa at all of making it compatable/driver software compatable so i can use it with backtrack 3? or do i just have to buy a new card? Thanks

0 0

I was wondering the same thing. My laptop had windows vista from the start. Now that I want to run linux, I'm afraid that the devices wont work well :/

0 0

If you try Ubuntu, they have increased their support for wireless adapters.

0 0

Have you tried modprobe ath5k?

Try these commands: modprobe -r ath_hal modprobe -r ath_pci

first.

Also, if that doesn't work, please post your dmesg dump and a lsmod dump aswell.

Retired
10 0

I have an acer aspire 5315 (same wireless) and I used madwifi (or something like that) and a patch made for it. Just google around for "Linux acer Madwifi patch"