Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

laptop motherboard

You Like this!
90 0

Hey everyone, i was wondering if you guys could help me out here. ok. i have a gateway laptop and the positive part of the dc jack was not connecting to the motherboard. so i decided to buy a new jack. I bout the new jack but i could not get the jack off. so i ripped it out but it leaves a hole bigger than it should be. i was wondering if there is wires could be broken if the whole is bigger than normal?

thanks in advance.

0 0

'Ripping' a jack out isn't particularly intelligent. The obvious answers are; the jack you bought wasn't the right size, or, you broke the damn thing when you ripped the other one out.

EDIT: And I cant answer your question because your grammar makes it terribly hard to understand. Try to revise it please.

0 0

shadowls wrote: … i could not get the jack off. so i ripped it out but it leaves a hole bigger than it should be…

You fail. Consult your particular mainboard manuals / diagrams to determine how much damage you caused. In the future, find a less destructive way to replace a soldered mainboard component.

Satan > God
0 0

Also here is a guide to soldering and desoldering; http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm

You don't 'rip it out' like some neanderthalic caveman and club combo, you should of simply melted the connections… (not hard)

Take your laptop to a professional, let THEM decide the extent of your damage, you clearly lack the abilitys to handle this…

Admin from hell
0 0

If I had a dollar for every lappy I've got like this I'd be rich. I've Replaced many dc connectors, all might not be lost if you can still solder it to it's respective pinout location. Next time take it somewhere if you can't get it.