Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Laptop Problems

0 0

Hello I have a Toshiba 1410-s173 Laptop.

Problem: No power. No lights. No Sound. No Fans. Nothing.

What I did: I got a new power cord. Still nothing. I open up the laptop. I look at the connector where I plug in power cord. (from the inside). Looks like it's intact. There are four small wires running from the connector where I plug the power cord in, to a four pin connector on the Mother board. Two Red Wires, Two Black wires. Testing with a Multi-meter I got 15 volts on both red wires.

Questions: Is there any way to test the two black ground wires? Are there any other tests I can do? I'm thinking bad mother board, but I would like to be more certain before I buy a mother board or toss the laptop.

Thanks for any help.

0 0

I have had this problem before. What you need to do is unplug everything from the computer, even the battery. Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in the battery, and the power cord, but nothing else. It should turn on and work. I hope that you fix the problem.

Banned
0 0

thishacker1 wrote: I have had this problem before. What you need to do is unplug everything from the computer, even the battery. Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in the battery, and the power cord, but nothing else. It should turn on and work. I hope that you fix the problem.

Wait, what kind of magic is involved here? Spontaneous regeneration?

0 0

I was thinking possibly power switch. I don't know if I can test it though, it's so darn small, I can't get my multimeter on it.

0 0

I was thinking possibly power switch. I don't know if I can test it though, it's so darn small, I can't get my multimeter on it.

Thats what she said :angry:!

0 0

moxsentre wrote: Thats what she said :angry:! … You're an idiot.

thishacker1 wrote: I have had this problem before. What you need to do is unplug everything from the computer, even the battery. Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in the battery, and the power cord, but nothing else. It should turn on and work. I hope that you fix the problem. spyware wrote: Wait, what kind of magic is involved here? Spontaneous regeneration? Nah, just a troubleshooting methodology of unplugging everything, then plugging in things one at a time to see which one "re-breaks" it. This includes RAM, CPU (and CPU fan), all PCI/AGP/PCI-e crap, USB / front panel connections on the mainboard, IDE / SATA devices, etc. Also, keep a BIOS error code reference handy… since that will probably be the only thing to tell you whether your CPU and RAM are good or bad if they're not the problem areas.