Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Buying an External HD, need input

0 0

Well I'm going to get an external HD (for my laptop mainly) and I'm wondering if I'm getting a good deal or if the product I've found is any good. The harddrive is a Free Agent 500gb harddrive for around $168+tax CAD (http://www.seagate.com/freeagent/) you can find the site of the product there. Is this a good/bad/average deal? Anyone know if they are any good?

It seems good to me and 500gb is enough space for me so I don't need anything bigger. If anyone knows something much better for the around the same or less price feel free to mention it.

0 0

I think its good deal :) A lot of space for not much money… :)

0 0

It seems fair. I've heard they keep a high quality. You could get one cheaper but it's probably fair for the quality you get.

0 0

thanks for the input so far guys. i'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it

0 0

This sounds OK, go for it ;)

0 0

I've seen a TB at costco for cheaper.Id check there also. (if there is one by you and you are a mem)

Retired
10 0

i just bought a 320 gig from walmart for 79.88. it was stupid because the 160 gig right next to it was 98.87. so i think i got a good deal.

0 0

i agree go for a tb from costco

Admin from hell
0 0

You guy's are out of your fucking minds. Those SimpleTech drives are junk, I've got more of those in with bad drive motors, to retrieve lost data it's not even funny. I have 2 here I use to swap platters. The seagate is a good reliable drive. If you want to go all out get a hitachi. Remember you get what you pay for, Cheap price isn't always a deal.

0 0

so what's your opinion on the one i bought?