Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Reinstalling Windows

0 0

Ok. So I wnat to reinstall windows on my toshiba satellite… so I get my windows xp disc and pop it in and hten go into bios and then set it to boot to CD first but when i restart the computer it doesn't boot to CD no matter what i do it doesn't work!!! help..plz.

Banned
0 0
  1. Make sure you save & exit in the bios.
  2. Are you sure your cd-player is connected/not broken?

0 0

I do remember to save and exit and I am very sure my CD player is connected. The thing is that I was in the middle of updating to service pack 2 with a CD that instead of through the internet cause my windows wasn't ligit so I found a dif. Windows cd with service pack 2 on it and now it always goes to the service pack 2 updating screen and won't let me go from my CD in the drive!

Banned
0 0

darthchocobo wrote: I do remember to save and exit and I am very sure my CD player is connected. The thing is that I was in the middle of updating to service pack 2 with a CD that instead of through the internet cause my windows wasn't ligit so I found a dif. Windows cd with service pack 2 on it and now it always goes to the service pack 2 updating screen and won't let me go from my CD in the drive!

I think the easiest way to fix this is to insert a Linux disc, it makes windows "forget" the old sp2 install, I believe. You could always install a linux distro, delete all the traces of your old windows installation and start out fresh.

0 0

or a DOS floppy :D

format c:

done!

Admin from hell
0 0

Yeah, installing a shit copy of windows or servicepack, Microsoft will FUCK your drive up. Best you run Active@killdisk or drivewipe and start over. Windows will not try a new install after a ILLEGAL load. Policy sent to me as of 3/2008.

0 0

recommended methods of wipiing my hard disk or programs to do so?

0 0

darthchocobo wrote: recommended methods of wipiing my hard disk or programs to do so?

**korg wrote:**Yeah, installing a shit copy of windows or servicepack, Microsoft will FUCK your drive up. Best you run Active@killdisk or drivewipe and start over. Windows will not try a new install after a ILLEGAL load. Policy sent to me as of 3/2008.

Active@killdisk or drivewipe …