Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

My system, please comment :)

0 0

Hey, comment my system:) I`m a bit proud of it, even that i know its not very good. :P

Post your own system info and have fun discussion it :D

OS Information: OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 2.0 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

Processor: Current Clock Speed 2401 Description x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 Manufacturer GenuineIntel Name Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Memory (RAM): 4 bricks 1 GB each PC6400 Total Memory in Hardware: ~4096 MB Memory Reported to Operating System: 3007MB

Hard disk: SAMSUNG SP2504C 7200 RPM 227 GB

Motherboard: Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model P5B

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512 MB videoram DirectX 9.0e

Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter

PSU: Corsair 650W (way to many wires out of that thing :p)

0 0

lol just wait till i get mine built….MWAHAHA….tis gonna be a beast haha

0 0

I'm guessing you made it yourself? =]

Mines similar

But its got Nvidia 8800, which you can get really cheap now

Good work though

=]

0 0

I made it halfway, i have added hardware to it since i got it. 64-bit u say? mind if u get me a link to somewhere i can upgrade it?

0 0

-cL wrote: Your hardware is great except for one thing; you run a 32bit system. You really should upgrade to a 64bit system.

yeah I was about to say that also

sucks i know, i had 4 gigs installed but even with 4 gigs windows will only address 3 gigs of it.

you can get a free copy of ubuntu or something that is 64-Bit, or A 64-Bit version of windows, because you can't upgrade a 32 to a 64, you have to do a clean install.

0 0

Do someone know if SP3 for Norwegian windows has come out?

0 0

ok, thx for the info.

Cant someone post theirs system? fun to see what people here have B)

The Manager
0 0

The only thing I see there is the CPU and the Hard Drive. Why dump so much into it just to sit at a 32 bit processor? ALSO your hard drive is only 250GB?! WTH why not upgrade to quad-750GB run them in a RAID 10 (or RAID 01) and get this baby purring as it should!

XP Home will only allow for 3GB usage 64 bit will allow a bit more.

Just like Server STD (4GB) but Server x64 STD is 8GB!

Anywho I digress. Good system minus my two points :evil:

0 0

^^ yes with 64bit xp (what i'm running) you can max at around 17.2 billion gigabytes (2^64 memory addresses)

and yeah get a bigger HD. You can get a terabyte now for around $150 or so, and you might want to just stack a couple 750s in RAID if you really want speed and more redundancy/data protection.

Also, go with an 8800 if you can get it. They're uber cheap now, around $150USD. Good choice with the RAM. I have 2gb but i should get some more soon, after I get a new video card (I'm using a 6600LE right now lmao)

but the biggest improvement I think you'll see is moving to a 64bit operating system. It will let you use all your ram and will generally run faster. Nice system. It'd be fun to have a competition one day for overall most powerful computer ^_^.

Final thought: consider dual head for monitors. You can get CRTs very cheap now, and if you dont mind the bulk they're pretty good. I use 2 CRTs at 2560x1280 resolution (resolution scaling works better on CRTs, also) and i just LOVE the extra room. It makes everything so much easier.

0 0

great system, i'm working on mine as a project off and on right now. I'll be sure to post mine on this thread when i finish.

0 0

great system, i'm working on mine as a project off and on right now. I'll be sure to post mine on this thread when i finish.

0 0

I have 4 screens :p im only running one right now because i have been on so many LANs lately that i dont bother setting them up right now.

I am going to upgrade to a 64-bit system, i guess i have to if i want to get more out of my computer. I`m going to change to Win XP pro 64-bit.

Im buying a hard disk soon so that wont be a problem(can someone please tell me what RAID is?) and im waiting for GeForce 8900 GTX to come out. I bought 650W for a reason:p

Just come on with more problems i have to solve. :D

PS: planning on running two 8900 GTX(SLI)

The Manager
0 0

RAID Last modified: Monday, February 04, 2008

Register here for your free Internet.com membership to download your Justifying and Funding Infrastructure Investments report.

This independent report will help you make the case for your IT investments. Topics covered include:

Measuring Infrastructure Value Justifying New Investments Establishing an Infrastructure Value Chain and More. Register now for your free Internet.com membership to download your complimentary Forrester report. Limited Time Offer! (rād) Short for Redundant Array of Independent (or Inexpensive) Disks, a category of disk drives that employ two or more drives in combination for fault tolerance and performance. RAID disk drives are used frequently on servers but aren't generally necessary for personal computers. RAID allows you to store the same data redundantly (in multiple paces) in a balanced ay to improve overall performance.

There are number of different RAID levels:

Level 0 – Striped Disk Array without Fault Tolerance: Provides data striping (spreading out blocks of each file across multiple disk drives) but no redundancy. This improves performance but does not deliver fault tolerance. If one drive fails then all data in the array is lost.

Level 1 – Mirroring and Duplexing: Provides disk mirroring. Level 1 provides twice the read transaction rate of single disks and the same write transaction rate as single disks.

Level 2 – Error-Correcting Coding: Not a typical implementation and rarely used, Level 2 stripes data at the bit level rather than the block level.

Level 3 – Bit-Interleaved Parity: Provides byte-level striping with a dedicated parity disk. Level 3, which cannot service simultaneous multiple requests, also is rarely used.

Level 4 – Dedicated Parity Drive: A commonly used implementation of RAID, Level 4 provides block-level striping (like Level 0) with a parity disk. If a data disk fails, the parity data is used to create a replacement disk. A disadvantage to Level 4 is that the parity disk can create write bottlenecks.

Level 5 – Block Interleaved Distributed Parity: Provides data striping at the byte level and also stripe error correction information. This results in excellent performance and good fault tolerance. Level 5 is one of the most popular implementations of RAID.

Level 6 – Independent Data Disks with Double Parity: Provides block-level striping with parity data distributed across all disks.

Level 0+1 – A Mirror of Stripes: Not one of the original RAID levels, two RAID 0 stripes are created, and a RAID 1 mirror is created over them. Used for both replicating and sharing data among disks.

Level 10 – A Stripe of Mirrors: Not one of the original RAID levels, multiple RAID 1 mirrors are created, and a RAID 0 stripe is created over these.

Level 7: A trademark of Storage Computer Corporation that adds caching to Levels 3 or 4.

RAID S: (also called Parity RAID) EMC Corporation's proprietary striped parity RAID system used in its Symmetrix storage systems.

Any more info needed? :evil::matey:

0 0

-cL wrote: Your hardware is great except for one thing; you run a 32bit system. You really should upgrade to a 64bit system.

Thing is, much hardware is unsupported in 64bits version, Wlan for an example is VERY unsupported.

0 0

If you have the motherboard I think you have it'll be holding back your graphics card and possibly even your ram.

Also I think someone mentioned already you're not going to be juicing 4gig of ram to the max in XP either.

I must say your graphics card is sexy, even though I dislike Nvidia.

EDIT: I hate your harddrive!!

Root_Op speaketh the truth! I had wireless problems.

0 0

I have a 8800 GT 512, and it's pretty sweet with Call of Duty 4; I can run that game maxed out at the highest resolution… it's sweet

In my opinion though, if you compare the performance of SLI compared with how much it will cost; like how many fps a dollar can get you, I would wait till the next gen graphics cards, such as the Nvidia 9 series coming out, are available and aren't outrageous.

Unless you were thinking of using them for other than games… like programing something in CUDA :D

Edit:

If your planning on running all that stuff, be sure to calculate how much power your going to need and may need in the future with extras, 650w my not be enough… lol

0 0

Thanks, but i have to think about switching to 64-bit system. Many drivers dosent support 64-bit and then im in deep shit.

My harddrive works perfect, never had any problems with it. A bit small though, but im not a fan of samsung.

I am hoping to have two 8900 in SLI, but it is very expensive and that i have to consider. I can afford it, but its a lot of money.

Thanks for the RAID info AldarHawk.