Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

suggestions on wifi hardware..

0 0

Hey, I'm browsing around some sites right now looking for a fairly decent atheros based usb wifi adaptor, if someone knows of a good one, or a good deal on one please let me know.. . Thnx 4 readin'..

The Manager
0 0

Atheos WiFi is annoying on Linux but outside of this world yeah they are decent.

My Laptop has an Atheos WiFi Chip and it is a PITA!

0 0

well, atheros based isn't the only option but from what i have read so far, they are the easiest to get setup on windows to use for war driving or cracking wep / wpa keys.. Right now all i have on my boxes are some shitty belkin wireless g usb adapters from wal-mart.. :( so what i'm aiming to do is just get a wifi card good enough to use that will let me use it in prom mode so i can inject pakcets and crack keys.. because i'm really interested in learning everything i can about wifi… thnx for taking the time to give me advice on this thread!

0 0

Just a note, atheros is normally the best due to the madwifi drivers, but I dont think they support usb dongles. My friend has a d-link with an external antenna and it seems to work OK, I think its a broadcom chipset.

0 0

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5279887;jsessionid=OvHOSy9dr6g2JRUoH7iBsQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

^^ This is the card I have been debating on for the past 45 minutes.. I just can't figure out what chipset is in it.. I've been google'n it.. to no resolve.. i emailed the company and asked.. and i'm still waiting on a response.. If anyone has used this card.. or knows wether it is compatible with passive/promiscious mode.. also i'm wondering if it will inject… that's a super cheap card.. but i dont wanna buy something and be stuck in the same spot i'm currently in…

What is going on: Cheap bekin g usb adapter hooked up to my lappy runnin bt2 and xp pro

cracking wep keys with xp pro is out of the question.. fuck trying to get that figured out.. lol

so what i'm did was set up the router to where it isnt broadcasting the essid.. i then also enabled 128 bit wep protection with a random 15 char passphrase…

I connected all the boxen on the network except for my laptop..

booted.. got on bt2 and i'm sitting @ a terminal.. here is what that looked like…

root/# ifconfig eth1 up root/# iwlist eth1 scanning my network showed up here

but when i try and use the aircrack-ng tutorials i am stuck.. i keep getting erros.. pastebin is the place for that.. so if anyone has any advice.. I wold greatly appreciate it.. thnx for feeding the n00bs!! haha

Please don't bother pointing me to google or outpost.. Still got both of those open on other screens… no worries.. :ninja:

0 0

Alright, well i made it farther on windows xp.. figured i'd update it and see if anyone has any thoughts on what i'm doing..

Using Wireshark on win xp pro to sniff out packets and save all the output to file.cap

Then I thought I'd be able to use c&a to crack the pcap file but no because i dont have a card compatible with AirPcap.. So now i'm trying to use john and wepcap.. will post updates when i have sniffed out enough packets.. will prolly take me a lil while.. :(