Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HD trouble

0 0

ok this thread is differant than the last one i had on a HD. the last thread was on a laptop this one is on a desktop.

ok here it is.

Question 1. My moms friend is having a problem with the ASPCA and she wanted me to erase everything on here computer.

I went to go format it but it says that it can't and to end all applications using drive C:/.

I did that and it still says the same thing. so i opened the computer and pulled out the hd and am going to replace it with a new one.

Question 2. is there anything else i should take care of to make sure all records are of the computer.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

Ok so what is question oneā€¦..Sounds more like a statment. and is that the same American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

If you want everything gone then wipe the HD with Wipedrive. Do a 3 rewrite or more 3 is Department of Defence standards which means u wont get any info off that thing with any normal kind of recovery. +7 rewrite lol nothing is ever gonna be recovered ever from that.

question 2

did u mean off and not of

If u meant off then ur fine if u change the HD. Drill a hole in the HD then get some magnets and have fun :)

You Like this!
90 0

I have recovered my friends HD before and it is almost the same. For the HD, i have 2 solutions. Pop out the HD and put it in your comp and then recover it. The other one is if it says delete from C:/ delete from C:/

0 0

Remove her hard drive, pop it in yours as a secondary (or use an external case) and then run any erasing utility. I use KillDisk, it's very good. Overwrite that sucker about 7 times, then, if you're really worried, do it again. Also, if you're running nix, you can just use dd

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/herharddrive

That will write random bits to the whole drive, but can be recovered unless you do it a few times.

However, an erasing utility would be much more effective, unless you just don't want to download one. So just pop the drive in your box and run KillDisk or Wipedisk or whatever you want to use

'course, if you want to be perfectly secure, go with the drill method :D Just drill three holes in it and it will never spin correctly again, get to work with magnets, and maybe even take some sandpaper to the platters

You Like this!
90 0

'course, if you want to be perfectly secure, go with the drill method :D Just drill three holes in it and it will never spin correctly again, get to work with magnets, and maybe even take some sandpaper to the platters

Lol. iight might go try that. Can i test it on your comp?