Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What is faster?

0 0

Ok, so I have a EVGA GeForce 8600GT, and I'm wondering if I SLI'd that GPU, will it be faster than a 8800GT? Or what would it be compared too?

0 0

OK forget everything I just said.

Here

Google + 8600GT SLI compare 8800GT

Apparently the 8800 uses a 256-bit interface and the 8600 doesn't. So the 8800 would be faster. According to that.

I would think that the sli'd 8600s would be faster… but apparently the 8800 would be. Interesting.

Here, another post about this on SLI Zone Forums

0 0

Interesting indeed. I guess 8800's blow 8600 SLI'd away.

Admin from hell
0 0

One thing people should understand is when you SLI your video cards your not doubling your speed, Your splitting the load rate between the two. I could fill this whole forum up with technical stuff on SLI'S I've messed with and how they work. but Here's a link I found to help people understand more: http://www.tech-hounds.com/article14/ArticlesPage1.html

Keep in mind Nvidia has corrected the SLI drivers for split screen mode and multi-player games.Lot's of new stuff added in the new driver packs!