Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hardware for hacking?

0 0

o.O Does anyone know some hardware that is for hacking? Like the blue box is for phreaking but.. What hardware is for hacking besides a PC? is there a list somewhere?

0 0

i think a modem, but try a cd with ophcrack it might work.

0 0

a true hacker can use whatever hardware is available. the limits are not in the hardware, but the mind.

yep I thought of that myself. :P

0 0

Until 2 weeks ago my computer was an AMD Athlon system running at 650MHz with 320MB PC100 99MHz RAM and a 10GB and 20GB IDE 5200RPM drives with dial-up capabilities and !!-ATI vid card under 8 years old-!!

Now, it's an AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0GHz with 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 250GB SATA 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE (soon to be SLI'd to a 6800GT when I get an ATOP adapter) onboard LAN, 5.1 Hi-def sound, dual monitors (triple if I get an LCD) a SUBWOOFER and a very precise GE optical mouse, and a 10 yr old 104 key keyboard >_< (replacing that soon)

The first one took 6 hours to crack a pass, the second took barely one hour. Obviously, it's easier if you have a faster machine, but really anything will work. For example, at school to get an admin hash, all I had to do was stick in a Gentoo minimal CD, mount a flash drive, and cp mnt/hda1/windows/system32/config/sam to /mnt/sda1/logs/

You can do anything you need on a monochrome T-21, if you like, but better hardware make things easier. Hacking is all about making do with what you have; if God doesn't give you the root password, you must find another way to get it.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, I didn't mean to make a speech.

Thors_

0 0

thanks thors ^_^