Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

new comp suggestions

0 0

first of all, id like to say hi, i am new to the site.

anyways im 15 and pretty good with computers so im gonna build my first computer.

so im on about a 1000 dollar budget. im into gaming, coding, and obviously a little hacking. so any suggestions on what i should get. im gonna have no problem putting it togeather its just deciding what to get thats so confusing.

thanks

0 0

Okay, a couple recommendations… AMD X2 processor, DDR2 RAM, SATA2 or SAS HDD, and PCI-E Nvidia video. With a $1,000 budget, that's pretty much all you need to know.

0 0

what would you think for a mobo 590 sli?

0 0

bonzibuddy wrote: what would you think for a mobo 590 sli?

Well, other than the fact that it seems to only handle Intel chipsets (thus, Intel processors)… don't see any problem with it. Don't have any experience with them, though, so you might want to do some research yourself.

0 0

I just built a system, all parts from AMD 'cept a geforce 6600le PCI (I have a 6800GT, also, but its AGP) that I got from a friend in exchange for a gig of performance ram. Here's the parts:

Case w/ led lighting/ led fans/ window/ swing-open front door with fan/volume/temp gauges/controls, also with a pop-out mobo panel drools AMD 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz Windsor socket AM2 CPU AM2 mobo, pretty generic, no onboard video but onboard LAN 500W Rosewill LED PSU LED Case Fan 2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM (2x1GB) 250GB SATA 7200RPM HDD //Salvaged CD/DVD/Floppy/IDE drives //Salvaged NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE and 6800GT vid cards (will go with an SLI configuration as soon as I get an ATOP adapter for the 6800)

I already had a few CRT monitors, I currently use a dual-monitor config, might go with 3 if I clear up some desk space hehe

Total for all the parts was under $500, with a decent video card (6 series or so) add an extra 80 or 90 if you get it from ebay. This thing is a BEAST. I am running WinXP Pro x64 on it with no lag, pending download of an x64 Linux distro once I get this box online (need to buy a hub or switch and some cable first); and go with 2 monitors, man!

newegg.com is the way to go, in my opinion. User reviews are great!

Good luck, with your budget you're pretty much unlimited, unless you go for a 30 in LCD hehe

0 0

ThorsDecree wrote: AMD 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz Windsor socket AM2 CPU

You, sir, have my kudos for the day. I'm running a AMD 64 X2 6000 in my Vista machine, and the performance just rocks. It's gotten close to my Pentium D 3.4 running Debian, which is quite an achievement.

Oh, and yeah, that other stuff is cool, too. Really, it's hard to exceed a budget that exceeds $1,000, unless you're just frivolous with your parts.

0 0

korg wrote: The nvidia 590 sli Northbrige chipset is deffo the shit. They do support amd am2 sockets, Which is the way to go as far as cpu go. The M2N32-SLI Deluxe is a fantastic board used quite a few of them with no problems. Check it out http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2224204&CatId=2320

And this, my friends, is why korg is the shit. Seriously, dude, if I ever had a hardware question for the forums, I would ask you first. :happy:

0 0

thanks for the replies.

so should i go with a 8600gts, an 8800gt seems kinda expensive and i have to get a cheaper processor to get that. i suppose i could overclock a 5800 to pretty much the same as a 6000 could go, what do you think

Admin from hell
0 0

Thanks dude, I just have the displeasure of dealing with this stuff everyday and night. BTW Can't wait to get my fx-74's up and running just waiting to get a little more cash for the mobo (ASUS L1N64-SLI WS) Then I'll be rockin'.

0 0

nice, $300+ mobo plus 2 fx-74's ouch!!!. water cooling? you should phase cool both off them, imagine the benchies

0 0

so should i go with a 8600gts, an 8800gt seems kinda expensive and i have to get a cheaper processor to get that. i suppose i could overclock a 5800 to pretty much the same as a 6000 could go, what do you think

I'd go with the 8600gts, but be sure to get the 6000+. Why OC a slower CPU anyway? I got the 6000+ for under $160. I guess you plan on using it as a game platform? I'm doing OK with my 6600, can't wait till I have the 6800 in too so I can use SLI, dual vid cards will be SICK and 0Photoshop won't even take 1/8 sec to apply and render a 1200x1024 wallpaper hehe. I don't know if SLI with 2 6800s would be better than an 8 series or not, but don't take anything away from your CPU budget.

If you can OC a 5800 to equal a 6000, you can OC a 6000 to be even faster. And in my box, my CPU runs at about 95 degrees F and mobo at about 110 F. Realy cool! My case cycles air SOOOO well! But AMD CPUs run cool anyway…

ok, to end this rambling, get the faster cpu with the 8600. Rich people can get an 8 series huh… lol and a guy I know wants me to do SLI with his two 8600's around christmas… rich people, haha.

If you didn't read any of the above, which I won't blame you for, because my posts are redundant, rambling, and redundant…

Fastest CPU you can afford (6000+ ROCKS), 8600GTS if it means getting the faster CPU. And at least 2G DDR2 800MHz (You can get GSkill 2GB from newegg.com for about $60 or so). The 600+ runs about 5.2 million keys/sec when cracking LM hashes in L0phtcrack5. That's FAST!

0 0

bonzibuddy wrote:

so im on about a 1000 dollar budget. im into gaming, coding, and obviously a little hacking.

MotherBoard: Asus P5B

Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6320

Ram: OCZ PC6400 800mhz 5-5-5-12

GFX Card: Geforce 8800 gts

Hard drive: Barracuda 7200 (16mb cache and sata300 interface)

Dvd RW:NEC AD-7170A-OB Multiwriter Black 18X DVD+RW

Chassis: Antec NSK6000

and the price……..

$1,182.31 (576 pounds in britain) A little over but when overclocked you will be playing bioshock at 55+fps

I only take credit for typing it out, i got it all from magazine

PSU: EZ-COOL PS900Tornado 700w

0 0

thanks for all the help guys. i still think im gonna be going with the 8800gt and 2.8 ghz processor because i heard that the architecture that the 64 x2's use cant get much higher than the 6400 comes at, and im pretty sure i cant hit 3.2 with the 5600+ but if any one else has some imput on this that would be great.

0 0

my advice: buy a top spec motherboard as it will be cheaper in the long run. heres how

you get a mid/low end motherboard that can just run your cpu and ur gpu etc but when you want to upgrade your comp your old motherboard wont be able to take the new power hungry hardware so you'll have to buy another one.

i dont think i explained it well :right:

0 0

:D fast reply,

i think i get what ur saying. buy a good mobo so you dont have to replace it with the next upgrade.

0 0

bonzibuddy wrote: :D fast reply,

i think i get what ur saying. buy a good mobo so you dont have to replace it with the next upgrade.

yup got it!

we poor people can now all go to alienware.com and build our dream computer then oggle at it

0 0

wow, you do that too:D:D:D

0 0

bonzibuddy wrote: wow, you do that too:D:D:D

i was joking though i think iv done it once or twice before B)

0 0

lol, ive done it a couple times just to see how much money it was possible to blow on a computer at their site.