Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Monitor Problems

0 0

I got a new monitor the other day, A really nice 22 inch widescreen from LG. Its actually really nice but i have one small, but rather annoying problem. When viewing firefox paticularaly, and sometimes in IE, but seriously nothing else, although it seems to be when there is alot of white on the screen, it flickers un-controllably, not like a refresh rate flicker, but on/off flicker, it makes it un useable.

System Specs: LG L226WTQ Monitor (Digital) ATi x1300 series Graphics Adapter Abit NV8 Motherboard AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.81Ghz) 1Gb DDR PC3200

Screen resoloution: 1680x1050x32 at 60hz

I think the problem is power related, although i did have a Dell E771a monitor (CRT 17inch) which i would of thought would use more juice, but i dont know the ratings for it.

0 0

do you have "Live Bookmarks" on firefox?

0 0

No.

0 0

nah, it's definitely related to your refresh rate. Something is messing with the 60Hz frequency. Either a firefox addon (I don't see how it can, or why) or maybe a firefox bug. You said it was solely firefox that causes this problem, correct?

0 0

Go to the manufacturer's website and get the drivers. Uninstall the monitor and use the manufacturer's drivers to re-install it. Go in to the Advanced Properties in "Display" and screw with the refresh rate; also, try setting the resolution at a lower value. Also, if you're using a PCI / PCI-X / AGP video card, try using the onboard instead… Rinse, lather, repeat, until you find out what exactly is causing the problem. Troubleshooting is all good fun. :D

[edit] Not just FF, netfish. IE periodically, too, according to the OP. [/edit]

0 0

Thanks Guys, Id love to try it with a different adapter, such as the onboard, but i have no onboard graphics. I think the problem may be power related, I have a 350W power supply, so unless my graphics uses more power doing the higher resolutions (which it probaly does, but not that much surely?). Might get a new power supply see if that fixes it, could do with a quieter one anyway :p