Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HARD DRIVE PROBLEMS!!

0 0

I have installed a new 160GB hard drive. Now i have 2. I am on the new one right now. I searched but i dont know how to go back to the other hard drive. There both plugged on and everything. Anyone know how to use the other oneQ I have a PhoenixBIOS;)

0 0

do they show up on your BIOS?

I'm guessing that you completely got the PIN configuration wrong. Look at the order, and set them up appropriately.

• Make 1 master
  • Other 1 slave

Are they SATA?

0 0

i have this master and the old one slave. want to login in the old one

0 0

rechange the boot order on your BIOS, do something like:

Slave –> Master –> CDROM –> LAN –> etc.

0 0

Start your computer. If ur using windows……… go to my computer… and see if it shows up there. if ur in linux. mount it and then use it. If u actually have 2 operating systems 1 for each harddrive then specify which you're using so we can help you

0 0

noimus13 wrote: i have this master and the old one slave. want to login in the old one

With most PhoenixBIOS, you can press F10 to bring up the boot order. Choosing "HDD" should present you with a listing of both hard drives. Pick the one you want to boot to.

Depending on how you have your two drives setup, you probably want to go with a more permanent solution, such as modifying the boot.ini of your last installed Windows OS (if using two versions of Windows) or using the Grub or Lilo bootloader (if you are running Linux and Windows).

If you are looking to access the "other" hard drive from within Linux, you can use the mount command. Try "ls /dev/hd*" and "ls /dev/sd*" to locate any hard drives. Then, use "fdisk /dev/hda", for example, and press "p" to list the partitions… from that information, you should be able to determine which hard drive you're looking to access.

Alternatively, if you're trying to access a Linux partition from within Windows, then you should be able to if the partition types are ext2 or ext3. Here's a helpful link for that:

http://kennethhunt.com/archives/001314.html

Finally, don't forget the most basic advice: Make sure your jumpers are set correctly on the hard drives. One should be set for Master and one should be set for Slave; the settings for each should be listed physically on the HDD label or above the connectors. If you're not sure, just set them both to Cable Select.

0 0

If your in windows you may still need to assign it a drive letter for it to be seen in My Computer. I believe you do this through Disk Management in Administrative Tools

0 0

PureEvil wrote: If your in windows you may still need to assign it a drive letter for it to be seen in My Computer. I believe you do this through Disk Management in Administrative Tools

This is assuming that both drives are FAT / NTFS and that he's not running a dual-boot system. If that is the case, then yes, you do that through Disk Management (right-click My Computer, "Manage", Disk Management).

0 0

i didnt even think about that. Depending on what the drive is formated in… you might need to do a number of things

0 0

Well, the majority of the answers are just as vague as the original question. The OP should really go into more detail when asking the question.

Banned
0 0

tonzofgunz25 wrote: i didnt even think about that. Depending on what the drive is formated in… you might need to do a number of things

What an interesting reply, so useful also. Maybe he's trying to find out what kind of things. Anyway, on-topic: I think zephyrs post covered everything I could think of. Is the problem solved?

0 0

easy there killer. i say a number of things because im exactly sure so i dont wanna give the wrong information. I was just acknowledging that i overlooked that possibility