Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

whats your study method?

0 0

well i was wondering what other methods people use to study stuff about computers. what i do is that i just read some article and try to understand it, i do this on my free time. whats yours??

0 0

Try, Read, Do.

I tend to understand things better when they are written out. Visuals are always helpful. When listening though I tend to forget details.

0 0

Usually only one or two project at a time. Then I prioritize based on how much I can concentrate. Reading = fresh and just woke up, audio = bus, videos = stoned.

I type up notes on everything, and that seems to help a lot.

School is kind of over rated for actual learning. School only lets you access expensive equipment, and make money later in life. Learning is separate.

0 0

yeah writting helps alot. ill try to take notes on stuff :D i also listen to this podcast from mrcracker.com to get some news. what do you listen at the bus maug?

0 1

I say write down as you listen, that way you can find the key points easier.

It's something I learned from my classes, since the instructors tend to give out notes with minimal information, and then lecture the class.

also, don't just rely on one source. you need to have several sources on the same subject, and some may be better at explaining it compared to others.

0 0

Hybrid92 wrote: yeah writting helps alot. ill try to take notes on stuff :D i also listen to this podcast from mrcracker.com to get some news. what do you listen at the bus maug?

Audio books and lectures.

I used to listen to a lot of Terrance McKenna, but I've heard most of his rap. You can Youtube "Exploring the Hermetic Tradition" for a good McKenna lecture. Now I'm getting into Marshall McLuhan, and Nietzsche. Most of the popular and classic novels are easy to find in audio. That's how I like my sci-fi and fantasy too because then you're free to just imagine the scenes. Some of the better ones I've listened to were Ender's Game, I Am Legend, and A Scanner Darkley. It's really fast/easy to go through a series like Dune and Ender's Game this way.

www.librivox.org

If you go to that site, check out "The Parenticide Club." It's the only place I've found it.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

When it comes to computer stuff: After researching something, do it.

Learned something in C? Code something involving it.

Learned XSS? Set up a test environment and do it.

Researched a cool concept? Try to come up with ways to improve on it or break it.

Thinking about things is the best way to learn them more throughly.

Another thing to keep in mind though, is that if you don't find it interesting, you are significantly more likely to forget it once you don't find it relevant. If you find something interesting, then you'll remember it easier and for longer. Find what interests you, and expand on that.

0 0

Find a way to keep yourself interested enough to learn about what you are doing (the theory) and also be sure to make practical use of your knowledge (the application). The two go hand in hand more or less since during learning, you can call on observations you made during the application, and during application you can learn some things you may not read in books or solidify things you kind of understand.