Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH IRC

0 0

Hope to see you guys idling/talking in the IRC! Here's a little guide to make things easy.

Q: IRC, what's IRC? A: Internet Relay Chat. It's basically a protocol that provides a great way to let people chat with each other (in chatrooms.) HBH has one of these chatrooms.

Q: How do I join HBH's chatroom? A: You'll need an IRC client. I recommend using IRSSI, or, if you prefer using something more graphical, xchat2 under Windows. The only requirement for your IRC client is that it supports SSL.

Q: Okay, I've installed my client. How do I connect to HBH's chatroom? A: HBH has an official unofficial channel on psych0tik (name of the network). To connect, simply type /connect -ssl storm.psych0tik.net 6697 in your client. Then, type /list to list all the channels, or just type /join #hbh to join HBH's channel directly. If you have issues connecting to storm.psych0tik.net, you can also try domino.psych0tik.net

Before joining a channel, though, you will need to register your name with nickserv. This is how you do it: Set your username using /nick <nickname> Create an account by messaging nickserv: /msg nickserv REGISTER <password> <email> Use a valid e-mail adress! Enter a password that's 8 or more characters, and keep in mind general password safety measures. "Umbrella" is not a good password. "uml3R311@!" is.

After registering, you can "identify" yourself with nickserv by typing: /msg nickserv IDENTIFY <password> Note: Identifying will only work if your nickname is the same as the one you had when you registered yourself!

Q: There's nobody around!/There are people, but no one is talking! A: Even though psych0tik has a few very active members, it's possible that no one is around to chat with. I recommend you keep your client open and just "idle". Just hang around. People will show up!

Q: Thanks! I do have a question though… A: Just post your question in this thread!

Note: There -are- rules you will have to follow. Unfortunately, as far as I know these rules aren't documented. I hope you people know how not to be an idiot, 'cause that's the most important rule.

Extra note: I'm not an admin or in any administrative position on psych0tik. If you need an admin, ask if there's one around in #hbh. Alternatively, you could ask me to contact an admin for you. Contact me by typing /msg spyware <message>.

Remember to NEVER give out your nickserv password. EVER.

Server details Node1: storm.psych0tik.net 6697 - ssl only Node2: Coming somewhere in the future, possibly. HBH's channel is #hbh

Congratulations psych0tik and SamuraiNet, viva la merge!

0 0

To follow up with some extra details. Richo and I are running the IRC servers themselves. Currently we've only got 2 nodes in our network, both run by richo. The IRC is in a slightly unstable state (we experience rolling waves of "ping timeouts"), but we're working to resolve that by rebuilding our network from scratch. This rebuild includes adding a new node in the US.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Although I don't think this post is gonna add very many new members, it's nice to have the actual details of the IRC server on a post somewhere. Perhaps we should move this information to the HBH irc page?

I would be in there much more often if I didn't get disconnected due to those pingouts just previously mentioned. So let us know when you get it all fixed up.

0 0

stealth- wrote: I would be in there much more often if I didn't get disconnected due to those pingouts just previously mentioned. So let us know when you get it all fixed up.

If you set your client to auto-identify yourself with dickserv and automatically connect to #hbh, it's not that bad.

0 0

Ive been bored enough lately to try and connect … but its been unable to connect for 3 days now. Both with irssi and the mibbit.com chat area. Is it even up? or am I missing something?

Until then I will hang out on various freenode channels.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

stdio wrote: Ive been bored enough lately to try and connect … but its been unable to connect for 3 days now. Both with irssi and the mibbit.com chat area. Is it even up? or am I missing something? It's up and working fine. I'm connected right now. Did you remember to enable SSL?

0 0

stdio wrote: Ive been bored enough lately to try and connect … but its been unable to connect for 3 days now. Both with irssi and the mibbit.com chat area. Is it even up? or am I missing something?

Until then I will hang out on various freenode channels.

Huh, odd. Could you post whatever your client outputs when you try to connect? You did remember to set the -ssl flag, right?

0 0

Nope didnt forget the ssl flag. Though I just tried again with irssi and it connected. But the mibbit chat window still doesnt.

Irssi wasnt getting the ssl handshake eariler though.

DeOnlyLimit=YourOwnImagination
5 0

Does this mean that basic 24 is going to be back online to? It's been a wile since it was up i guess..

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

YouGina wrote: Does this mean that basic 24 is going to be back online to? It's been a wile since it was up i guess.. The two things are unrelated. Nobody is running basic 24 anymore.

0 0

If anyone wants to run the bot then PM me and I can send you the source.

0 0

@mastergamer:

you can send the source to me. I'll get it taken care of :)

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Might I mention the new IRC server is now storm.psych0tik.net?

/connect -ssl storm.psych0tik.net 6697

0 0

Correct. We've brought the new server online (and are working to add other nodes) to increase the stability of the network. The old nodes (irc, webserv, domino) are still functional, but won't be part of the new IRC network.

For more information on this, please see:

http://blog.psych0tik.net

0 0

Yeah, I get those fairly regularly. Larry was just the first guy worth talking about. He's a cool cat, but haven't heard from him since :(

0 0

Also,

I've fixed the HBH irc link on the side panel to properly connect to the new IRC.

enjoy! ~samurai