Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

School update

0 0

Alright so my school has dropped using novell for windows xp flat out. It's very vulnerable and there are a lot if thi ga that they didn't transitionsuch as program blocks and back doors. Within 15 minutes of browsing and simple batch files I had already gained administrator access and gotten to the c drive and all the contents aren't blocked in any way besides some files being hidden. Should I tell the IT guys about it and how to fix it or just let it be? Any help would be nice with this…

0 0

Depends on… Do you know the IT-people on your school? Some admins just think it's cool, and fix the shit, like the admin at my school, but some admins will call the cops. If the people at your school is the later kind, then it's better to shut up.

0 0

Just be careful of how you do it, and who you talk to. If it were my old school, I would try to start talking to someone higher up who would take it seriously. No one needs to know everything. Tell them what you saw with their system rather than what you did.

0 0

I'm pretty good friends with one of the head IT guys and talk to him regularly about projects and fixes for programs and stuff like that, and I told him about things that you could do to fix it and why it was working the way I had wanted it to, and I suppose that's the reason that they stopped messing with Novell, and I"m sure there is other reasons. But from what I can tell right now, they have a new guy working on my school in particular and when I try to talk to him he is the kind who doesn't like his job being done by someone who has no idea what they're talking about in his eyes. I can mess with it, and then make them fix it by learning the hard way, but I don't want them to hold my diploma over something as stupid as this.

Any ideas on what I should do to make them fix it without going to overboard?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: or even tell another student how to underline text. I got excluded for that, you know.

For real?

0 0

I figured this would be a nice place to make my first post here.

I become really good friends with my high school IT guy. I came to him one day with a problem I found with my school's library computers, and he solved it immediately after that. Eventually, he had asked me if I would be interested in helping him out with some of the schools computers. This was my sophomore year, and by the half-way point in the year, he had trusted me enough to give me the local administrator user/pass, and his own user/pass which has administrative access to the entire county school district. I don't plan on doing anything malicious with it, and he knows it. It's best to always be somebody's friend rather than their enemy in the long run, most people anyways:evil:…

Unfortunately, I also get the frequent questions of, "Hey! I heard you can hack stuff. Can you hack this or that?" Sometimes I say yes to some of the people I trust, other times I just laugh it off. In my experiences, know thy enemy, and lay low. People don't always understand how to react to your findings, or you.

0 0

well at the college I attend it got around that I had "special skills" and kids were like I'm never sending you an email or anything. I thought it was quite funny and I only had a few kids ask me to hack there girlfriends myspace or whatever. The IT guys at my school would get super ticked if you told them that there was a security hole in the network.That would mean they would have to put a little effort into there job.

0 0

I've only known the IT guy I talk with for about a year and he's pretty laid back and everything, but I highly doubt that I would ever get his password, or my own account. Most of the time I just get elevated privledges because I make my own accounts and such. When they were still running Novell, I had gotten into the system and told him about how I'd gotten everyones passwords.

0 0

MoshBat I don't know how i would get through life without your help.

0 0

MoshBat If I ignored you my life would be absolutely wonderful and way better than yours and you might get jealous and we cant have that can we…

Ninja Extreme
0 0

usr_name wrote: MoshBat If I ignored you my life would be absolutely wonderful and way better than yours and you might get jealous and we cant have that can we…

I advise not to argue with moshbat, honestly it's really pointless. Besides, he might criticise your grammar! :right:

Extra note: I liked your old location setting better, moshbat. I thought that one was funny :P

</fight-stopping>

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]usr_name wrote: MoshBat If I ignored you my life would be absolutely wonderful and way better than yours and you might get jealous and we cant have that can we… This is most odd indeed. You see, I don't know you, I'm pretty sure I've not talked to you before, so in theory, you were ignoring me, and your life was wonderful, correct? Now you read my one post aimed at you, and your life crashed around your ears? Well, I'm gonna assume that's true, and that would mean that all these years, you've been delusional, and it took my post yo make you wake up. Wake up from your lie, your blissful lie, wake up. At this point, there's nothing of interest left for you to read, so I continue for my own purposes, allow your eyes to glaze over. Have you seen Life on Mars? How he was in a coma, and was living in the 70's? How he kept getting clues of what was really going on around him, how he kept being told to wake up, just wake up… That's apparently based on some level of fact, the Human Brain is designed to protect you in the event of severe trauma, it creates a lie to keep you happy, to protect you from the memories, the knowledge you'll never be quite the same again, should you hear the signs and wake up…[/quote]

All I have to say is… Jesus loves you

0 0

Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

usr_name wrote: Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

I dont. Well, I kinda do. I just pretend they aren't there.

And related to the original subject of this thread, a family member works for the school board and through him I've gotten to know the techs at the school pretty well. I have full permission to try to pentest the school system in any way i'd like, which I do have to admit has been lots of fun. I think the tech at our school actually likes patching stuff I find.

Hey, Moshbat changed his location back. Lol, was that just for me? :P

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]usr_name wrote: Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

I dont.

edit: Well, I kinda do. I just pretend they aren't there.[/quote]

Well every one has there own beliefs even if they believe in nothing and it is every ones right to have there own opinion but i was just making a the statement of my belief to MoshBat

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: [quote]usr_name wrote: Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

I dont.

edit: Well, I kinda do. I just pretend they aren't there.[/quote] Yes, it was just for you ;)

And No, religion is not the rules or morals you live by, it's someone else's that you take on board, without question, it seems.[/quote]

There you would be wrong i question everything and take nothing without taking a look at it for myself. When was the last time you asked yourself why I MoshBat believe in nothing??? I believe in what I believe in because there are so many things that point to intelligent design (meaning a God or creator) like the cell for instance that is the basis for all life. You should research it a little bit and form your own conclusion.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]usr_name wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: [quote]usr_name wrote: Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

I dont.

edit: Well, I kinda do. I just pretend they aren't there.[/quote] Yes, it was just for you ;)

And No, religion is not the rules or morals you live by, it's someone else's that you take on board, without question, it seems.[/quote]

There you would be wrong i question everything and take nothing without taking a look at it for myself. When was the last time you asked yourself why I MoshBat believe in nothing??? I believe in what I believe in because there are so many things that point to intelligent design (meaning a God or creator) like the cell for instance that is the basis for all life. You should research it a little bit and form your own conclusion.[/quote] You really think I haven't researched, and have just guessed at what I wish to believe? You couldn't even name the theory of what came before the "Big Bang" without Googling it. Like most, I imagine you're likely to just believe the those who take science over religion believe that there was "Nothing, which exploded, and created everything"…[/quote]

I never said you just believed in something without researching it I simply asked a question. I think that if you have really studied and believe what you believe for a reason then MoshBat I admire that very few people will actually take time to actually research why they believe what they believe and if someone does do that then I have great respect for them and you even if it is different from mine.

0 0

Well, for the religion part of this I don't really have a religion… I have my own. There are certain parts of every religion that I beleive and there are parts that I don't. It's my own set of beliefs. I didn't take it from someone else, and if you don't want to call what I have a religion, then that's cool. But, could the arguements stop being so pointless? This is the internet. You will never run across these people. If you don't like something, then just don't like it. You don't have to make a big deal out of it… If someone says something, be greater then them and just don't say anything back. If you do, it makes you stoop down to there level, and I'm not saying that anyone here is low, it's just a figure of speech. But seriously, just chill out with the arguements :/ It doesn't get you anywhere and all it does it get you irritated and stressed…

0 0

usr_name wrote: Religion is anything you believe and the rules you live by. So saying you really really really don't like religion, does that mean you don't live by any morals?

This is flat out wrong. Not going to debate religion, only your definition of it.

strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=definition+of+religion&aq=0&aqi=g10&oq=definition+of+rel&fp=7d15299a959dbb33

A religion is a system of human thought which usually includes a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, deity or deities, or ultimate truth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

Just because religion contains morals and rules which followers try to live by, does not mean that the rules or morals, define religion. Its not interchangeable.

0 0

This is flat out wrong. Not going to debate religion, only your definition of it.

strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=definition+of+religion&aq=0&aqi=g10&oq=definition+of+rel&fp=7d15299a959dbb33

A religion is a system of human thought which usually includes a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, deity or deities, or ultimate truth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

Just because religion contains morals and rules which followers try to live by, does not mean that the rules or morals, define religion. Its not interchangeable. [/quote]

Point taken

All i was trying to say was that everyone has a religion if they know it or not that was my point because yes there is more to religion than morals,you are right.

0 0

usr_name wrote:

All i was trying to say was that everyone has a religion if they know it or not that was my point because yes there is more to religion than morals,you are right.

That is not true; not everyone has a religion. The whole basis of religion is the belief in a higher power. Not everyone believes in God. There is no proof for me to believe in him, which is why I'm agnostic. I'm not one to believe that some guy in sandals died for humans' sins after a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat from 'the tree of knowledge.' I'm not going to believe anything unless there is unequivocal proof for it. And I guarantee you there will never be unequivocal proof for it. No religious document that I have ever read has even nearly given sufficient proof for me to believe in it.

So what do I believe in?…I don't know. And I'm not going to pretend like I do. I'm not going to believe in God or some afterlife just because it gives other people hope that they will be able to continue their otherwise meaningless lives after they die. In the words of Socrates, "all I know is that I know nothing." I'm happy with this explanation, and it has made the most sense to me thus far.