Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I dont understand people?? Skills = "null"

0 0

So someone pm'ed me for the answers(not help) for some Logic missions stating he would help me on a mission in the future. When I asked for simple help on the flash missions I get no response..?

Do some people actually think thats social engineering,lol? If you cant or dont want to understand the missions why bother coming here? For points?

Points mean shit if you dont know shit.

So uhm yeah keep stealing missions from people who have actually done them. Maybe someday you will be a sup3r 7331 h4x0r.

Or you can gripe at the n00bs and act high and mighty never contributing anything because in reality your skill = nil

[name omitted by poster] "

I dont know the politics here, but I dont appreciate skiddies like this. Fronting like they have knowledge off of other peoples sweat and long hours of work. Apologies if I have offended anyone..but FTC

0 0

There's really no point to this thread. This is something that should have been said to felix, not to us.

0 0

There is definitely a point and some advisory words, reading and learning is the key not just getting the answers.

And ive contacted him about it and no response and he has been online since

Another point is to that to watch out for people who do this type of stuff. I generally dont talk on the forums, pm people, or ask for help because of the flaming everywhere and all the info is there for you you just have to do the research.

Im older and dont like personal conflict unless it comes knocking on my door. It knocked. I dont mess with people please dont mess with me. If you want to pm for help genuinely ill help where I can..or maybe I wont anymore..

Maybe I did let me anger get away from me. If I have offended anyone other then the person at hand, as stated I apologize for that, but not for posting and calling a spade a spade.

0 0

b0r15 wrote: sup3r 7331 h4x0r.

Well, the correct way to spell that would be 1337, not 7331… Just for the records ;)

0 0

^^Thanks, ive never been too good with the whole l33t thing

And Ive talked with him since and apologize for bringing this to the forums

0 0

b0r15 wrote: There is definitely a point and some advisory words, reading and learning is the key not just getting the answers.

The only valid purpose of bringing it to the forums is if you want to take the whole public humiliation approach. That approach may be very effective in making him stop asking for answers, but he wont be stopping for the right reasons. The reason is the most important part, not the result (unless you don't care about the quality of the community).

0 0

b0r15 wrote: ^^Thanks, ive never been too good with the whole l33t thing

Congratulations! You've learnt to spell the word leet ;) I've taught you something today… wow!

I guess that's the purpose of this forum right? To share knowledge and learn together… Just like you said some posts ago ;) Hope ya have understood the reason of my post since it's a beautiful and direct metaphor to take in account.

:(
80 120

b0r15 wrote: And Ive talked with him since and apologize for bringing this to the forums Why? You weren't in the wrong, he was. If public humiliation is the only way to make him stop that crap, then so be it. While this might now stop him "for the right reasons", it at least brings the incident do the attention of everyone else. Maybe it'll act as a deterrent by saying "We're not going to give you the answers that easily, so you might as well do it yourself".

The only thing that would be better than this is if the admins went ahead and started handing out warnings, which would rock.

Reminds me of back when I was admin and caught at least one new person every day submitting copy/pasted answers to the logic challenges. People are retarded.

0 0

Futility wrote: Why? You weren't in the wrong, he was. If public humiliation is the only way to make him stop that crap, then so be it. While this might now stop him "for the right reasons", it at least brings the incident do the attention of everyone else. Maybe it'll act as a deterrent by saying "We're not going to give you the answers that easily, so you might as well do it yourself".
Public humiliation is the easy way, not the right way. In my browsing through the forums, I've noticed quite a trend of complaints about the quality of the community. Perhaps the reason for these recurring problems is due to the fact that nobody has considered changing their approach towards problems.

:(
80 120

How would you do it? Convince him that he shouldn't be asking for answers because that's not what the site's about so he can go to someone else and ask? Or bring it to the attention of the public so whoever else he asks is already aware that doing so is (greatly) looked down upon?

Opinions are nice, solutions are better.

0 0

I'm not sure if I get the original problem…

So he PM's you saying he needs the answer to a mission and will in turn give YOU the answer to another mission. Sounds hypocritical to me seeing as you were hoping to get a free answer too. You just got mad you didn't get yours.

0 0

Futility wrote: How would you do it? Convince him that he shouldn't be asking for answers because that's not what the site's about so he can go to someone else and ask? Or bring it to the attention of the public so whoever else he asks is already aware that doing so is (greatly) looked down upon?

Opinions are nice, solutions are better. The best way is to talk to him individually. Usually doesn't work, but it doesn't hurt. From there, you report him to the admins. They can issue warnings. When you decide to take matters into your own hands and publicly humiliate, you get chaos and and unfriendly community.

0 0

Apophis wrote:

The best way is to talk to him individually. Usually doesn't work, but it doesn't hurt. From there, you report him to the admins. They can issue warnings. When you decide to take matters into your own hands and publicly humiliate, you get chaos and and unfriendly community.

I have to agree with Apophis. If you take it upon yourself to humiliate the 'skids' (for lack of a better term), you will probably find that you will deter those who genuinely want to learn. If new members were looking for help they would be afraid of the older members taking the offensive over what they deem to be stupid questions. There is definitely a difference between asking for help and asking for the answer, but humiliating those who ask for the answer seems like the incorrect way.