Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

ironkey and AXIS 211 Network Camera

0 0

I have two questions.

1.) What do you guys think of the Iron key flash drive. i looked throught the search function and only got to hits and they where both just a mention and no discussion on it.

2.) I was playing around with google and did the whole view/shtml thing and got alot of hits on AXIS cameras but they all require you to log in via a username and password in order to see through them or to control them. I also noticed that the urls look like this

ip.ad.dr.ess/view/view.shtml?id=116&imagePath=/mjpg/quad/video.mjpg&size=1

Well i was playing around i hit one that allowed me to take a snapshot even though i had no rights to the camera so i click snapshot and i see the pic. well if i keep clicking refresh it will be pretty much like an video since the timestamp says its live. but the url for that is

ip.ad.dr.ess/view/snapshot.shtml?picturepath=/jpg/image.jpg

so i switched it up and made this

ip.ad.dr.ess/view/snapshot.shtml?picturepath=/jpg/image.jpg&id=116&imagePath=/mjpg/video.mjpg

Well now there are two pics but one is moving since i guess its the actual live feed and i could control them with the controls in the little window. Also on two of them i was able to do ../../../../../../etc/passwd and i got a file with a load of gibberish in it.

Heres the question. I know the dir transversal is a vuln but is the camera thing a vuln since i cant turn them off or anything. only move them around.

Thanks in advance for your time.