Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Browser Creation

0 0

How hard would it be to create a small browser with cookie handling and a Mobile useragent like LGE-VX8500/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2(GUI)MMP/2.0 ? Would it take a long time or no?

Satan > God
0 0

im no expert, but once you have saved all the right info, and set it so to send the right data, there shouldnt be to much trouble in making a simple one…

Have you tried googling this?

i just searched "creating a simple browser tutorial" in google (no quotes), it returned a list of nice looking replys…

0 0

It doesnt show cookie handling nor does it show defining the browsers User Agent.

Satan > God
0 0

what do you want to create it in? and how many of the links did you check? 0.o

0 0

Not sure what to create it in yet. Checked 17 links. After that they just got stupider and stupider.

Satan > God
0 0

well then google is your friend, just try more specific searches to work out whats best to make it in, i saw a couple for vb on the 1st page, but any language should really be up to it.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

maybe if you started in which language, it would be helpful. But most of languages will have such thing already implemented, e.g perl–>WWW::Mechanize or LWP

0 0

Well, I made a simple one before…

Had cookie handling and what not….

User agent thing, I'm not 100% sure about that….

Here is a thread containing the source for mine… Maybe it will give you an idea….

I still haven't gotten around to fixing it, and adding some more features…

0 0

You probably don't want to use an HTTP lib for a browser. Just use raw sockets. That way, you will either learn a protocol or just have some fun practice with it. The hardest part about this would be implementing SSL and parsing the HTML.

0 0

I've done a simple tabbed web browser prog in C#, but never had to "handle cookies" or change the user-agent. If you do decide to use .Net for it, the WebRequest and WebResponse objects would probably give you the functionality for changing the user-agent. Since it's not clear what your goal is with "handling cookies", I don't really have any input on that.

Now, for the obvious question: Why doesn't FF with the User Agent Switcher extension work for what you're doing?

0 0

If I knew why I would tell you the answer. For some reason FF still gets detected by the site im trying to view. If the useragent isnt the answer on how this site detects a mobile browser from a regular browser than I dont know what is.

0 0

Froger wrote: If the useragent isnt the answer on how this site detects a mobile browser from a regular browser than I dont know what is. Viewport size? Have you tried using a PDA emulator, such as the ones that are available for Windows Mobile developers or iPhone developers?