Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

US HBH Con in Texas

0 0

Ok, so we was chatting on IRC about this.. and I was told it has been brought up quite a few times on IRC.

Just wanted to post a thread about it and see how many people I can get to support the idea of hosting an HBH con in texas… Houston would be my ideal location but I'm sure I could make it just about anywhere…

First; here are a few questions we should get together and answer if we are serious about this…

1. Location
  2. Date (as well as how long this will last eg. weekend? one night?)
  3. Projects and Activities

alright, that's all i can think of off the top of my head… gimme some input! Thnx for readin!

0 0
  1. Houston
  2. spring break(maybe)
  3. anything under the blue sky(drinking?)

0 0

Texas is great. Spring break would work for most since school..maybe june or so. Texas is great, I'm 2 states away.

0 0

yeah alright, but i'm lookin for more input… just tell me if you'd be willing to come, what ideas u have on it… add to what im saying..

0 0
  1. Houston
  2. Spring Break
  3. Umm lectures but i couldn't do one im not experienced enough…

This is a awesome idea!

People keep this thread alive!

0 0

!) I think Houston would be a great location because there are quite a few of us in a reachable proximity.

1. I would like it to be sometime in the summer. A weekend should be enough of a con.

2. If this happens, I'm sure we will probably have some lectures, as well as some partying.

0 0

yeah, i was thinkin' a weekend too, don't know if i can handle too much time around some of you fuckers.. (walrus)

yeah houston is my ideal location… some more thoughts im having are.. would this be reserved? would we need to reserve a spot? would it be come if u want or what? i'm thinkin it would be alot better if their was someone setting up the hotels and such… would make the partying alot easier if we were all goin back to the same hotel… i would hate to end up 30 miles from the people i wanna hang out with and stuck with walrus in the room next to mine… ya know? lol

alright something else.. lectures of course.. but im also thinkin so games.. a lil wardriving?? ;) dunno gimme some creative thoughts…

(ps. anyone wanna help with a sig then get @ me! thnx!!)

0 0

ok in all truth that last post of mine was not thought through. i think that it would be great and people could learn alot. and odds are that after words the site will explode with new people that want to learn it'll prolly be alot of skiddies but if we're lucky we could get more non-skids to join not to mention sponsors. and hey if not then at least we did something

0 0

I probably wouldn't be able to go if there was drinking and stuff because im like 14…

But i could probably still go just for the lectures and stuff..

Sponsors would be nice but how big would this be?

0 0

I'd be willing to help you host if you want. I could also lecture in an area of Javascript or maybe coding.

0 0

I'm down, I'm only about an hour away from Houston. If y'all ever get this thing set up, hit me up and I'll drive down there :)

0 0
  1. Not in texas you god damned southern bastards. ;P
  2. Early July.
  3. Drugs, sex if fallingmidget comes.

0 0

http://reservations.hotelscheap.org/hotel/hotelphotos.aspx?hotelid=515532&destid=E1D0754F-8D1C-4CE2-BAB3-12C63B3A7B34&checkindate=6%2f13%2f2008&checkoutdate=6%2f15%2f2008&numrooms=1&adultsineachroom=1&city=Houston%2cTX%2cUS

alright check out that and let me know what you think…

is the price fair enough for most of you? is the date okay? I set it for friday, June 13th thru Sunday June 15th… It would be roughly 200 usd each… that's for your own room… if you wanted to split a room with another member of hbh then it would just be 100 each… what im thinking is most of us will be gathering in one or two rooms anyway for most of the time… but just my thoughts…

sounds like alot of fun and it isnt even planned yet…

<edit>

[22:58] <SwartMumba> infopirate [22:59] <SwartMumba> you wanna follow the same structure as the british hbh con [22:59] <SwartMumba> day 1 = talks / lectures / competitions / demonstrations etc etc etc [22:59] <SwartMumba> day 2 = informal talks / chatting with members / relaxing / chilled out day etc [22:59] <J-T-W> nice [23:00] <Infopirate> very nice… thnx im editing now </edit>

Thnx for the input SM!

Alright, So what I have so far is this…

The date (June 13th - 15th) really the 14th becuz we would be splittin the morning of the 15th after a good morning hooter..

The hotel link at the top of this post..

The price also on the hotel link… excluding the money to feed your asses…and get u their… but im sure we can pull that off…

a half ass schedule of events…

so what i really need now is some people to step forward and tell me they can hold a lecture for us… or a demonstration… get @ me…

0 0

No offense, but I doubt I'm gonna shell out as much as $100 to sleep in a hotel not too far from my house. I'll probably either crash in my car or just drive home and back the next day (although most likely the former, gas is expensive xD).

And I'm sure if money is a concern for other people who don't live so close, you could split a room with like 4 people, but 2 of you will likely sleep on the floor… (which really isn't all that bad when you're really tired…)

0 0

I my self live about 2 hours away from Houston and I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

If you guys need any type of help, I will help best in my ability.

0 0

well texas is way too far away for me.. california would be so much better but i dont think anyone will want that seeing as most of you are happy about that idea..

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: No offense, but I doubt I'm gonna shell out as much as $100 to sleep in a hotel not too far from my house. I'll probably either crash in my car or just drive home and back the next day (although most likely the former, gas is expensive xD).

yeah that worx if u live close or are driving yourself down their, but i'm not under any impression as to how many will or can do that yet… but yeah i see what your saying.. that's just me man, i am willin to shell out 200 to get my own room so i can bring the cyber hookers back. ya know?

yeah cali will be under US HBH Con in Cali thread! ;) thnx tho!

0 1

whoever is going to organise this event (i assume samurai will be?), give me a buz and I can help you set it up and walk you through what stuff to cover and how to run it.

also, any UK members there will be the annual HBH Con in Brighton, late july sometime. I'll post a seperate thread later with details.

0 0

I love the fact that members are starting to take som respons for these kinda stuff, not just in the UK ;) Maybe well have one here in Sweden aswell :P

0 0

I would be willing to organize it as well as go. I can also give lectures, demos, and whatever.

Seems like houston is the preferred location. As well as specific dates, that's hard to tell.

If you plan on coming, give some real dates (cuz i dont know when your spring break is).

I would say probably in march or so would be good for me. I know a few other people who I could bring. One guy would be able to give a really good lecture on MVC frameworks.

Thoughts? Concerns? Anything specific people want to see happen?

Also, anyone who actually lives in houstan, please contact me, so that we can work out where we will do this. Preferably a place we can rent out for a day or two. If worst comes to worst, we can do it up here in college station, were I can get us a place to use and we'll have my apartment too.

0 0

I know spring break is around easter. but if you guys have it i'll come. i live in New Jersey so it'll take me a while unless i get a flight down there. Post a new thread later on when it gets organized or try and put it in the news so everyone will know.

@lesser I don't think so.

0 0

dallas =] do it there ill probably be there but houston xD ill have to make up a lie to cover the time ill be there

0 0

Just an idea, but what if the event was in SEATTLE!!!! Hey, I can dream cant I :)

I think it would be pretty cool to have a HBHcon in the US of A.

0 0

Wheres it going to be at? You should have it in Waco, Half way between Dallas and Houston. Plus, thats right down the road for me and i can't go to Houston or Dallas my car won't make it :(.