Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Looking for people to code with.

0 0

Hello

I am looking for people who like to code - maybe do a few projects with them if they're interested. I have a few project ideas that I wanna attempt in the next month and I want people to bounce ideas off of, and if they're interested in the projects and wanna be involved that'd be cool too. The projects I usually do aren't really product oriented, meaning that I don't code to get a particular program - I code for the challenge/learning process involved. So if I happen to do all of the interesting parts/challenges in the project and only boring stuff is left to code then I will usually drop the project and move onto something cooler. This is not so much a team as it is different people who may have ideas or give me advice on different approaches.

A few topics that currently interest me:

Streaming and manipulating audio: I want to be able to have multiple audio files, be able to stream them and manipulate them to either add noise or amplify the sound. I want my code to handle the sampling rate and pass data to drivers or whatnot.

Programming languages / Virtual Machines: This is sort of a two part interest, although the virtual machine need not be part of the language. I'm interested in making my own language, whether it will have the ability to be compiled - into opcodes the VM can interpret - hasn't been decided yet but it probably won't be because I'm more keen on making a language than making a virtual machine.

OCR: I had made an OCR algo for one of the HTS permanent programming challenges - however I used a raster comparison. I want to make one that not only uses a vector comparison, but maybe a topological one as well.

I had several others and I will soon have them again however these are the ones that currently come to mind. I am currently working on a project (not one of those up there) but I will attempt something interesting when I am done what I am currently working on. The sound project interests me the most at the moment so I will probably go with that next.

I will most likely do them in C++, but if someone wants to contribute and doesn't know C++ I'm down for doing them in another language too. (depends on the language though)

Bastian is not my real handle. Please leave contact information.. AIM/MSN/Gadu Gadu

Btw, I am willing to help people too.. and by help I mean bounce ideas off of… I will not help with language specific problems, only solution specific .. which should be independent of the language.

bbfn ^^

0 0

I'm interested. I just recently started learning C++ and I have been working with C for about a year now; I too program for the challenge/learning process. Sounds like you're probably more advanced in this stuff than I am but your ideas sound really interesting. Hit me up at arkangel_975@hotmail.com if you want to talk.

Retired
10 0

well i code in c++ and am looking for a c++ team and need some projects so if your interested.