Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

In search of...

0 0

I am in search of a "team", or a "group" to hang out with. I work and go to school full time, so I might not be on as much as the die-hards, but I'd still like to make some cool friends.

What I know: CSS XHTML/DHTML Javascript PHP

What I am learning: C (and this summer) Java or Perl

As you can see, I'm more of a web design person, but I am starting to learn a "real" coding language. Anyone have an opening? :)

The Manager
0 0

Feralas wrote: As you can see, I'm more of a web design person, but I am starting to learn a "real" coding language. Anyone have an opening? :)

WTF…Web application Programming is big as hell! How can you attempt to claim this is not a "real" coding language? PHP is more powerful than people give it credit for!

0 0

I was going with what "most" people think of a "real" language :) But I totally agree with you. PHP is my favorite language ever.

The Manager
0 0

Feralas wrote: I was going with what "most" people think of a "real" language

Please name ten (10) people who think PHP is not a real language…I want to see who this "most" is. I do not know anyone who actually programs who thinks PHP is not a real language.

HTML is not a coding language nor is Javascript but PHP is.

0 0

Rasmur Lerdorf the father of PHP over 22milion sites whit php

0 0

ok..ok now Back to the topic, i too am looking for a group to code and share prgms with. If you code for fun and are serious about learning more, i'm game.

0 0

COD3 wrote: ok..ok now Back to the topic, i too am looking for a group to code and share prgms with. If you code for fun and are serious about learning more, i'm game.

Sounds good.

back to the off topic-ness I was trying to say was "programming language" as in something like C, C++, etc… something that can run off any computer, without anything extra (like an apache server for PHP).

0 0

Feralas wrote: I was trying to say was "programming language" as in something like C, C++, etc… something that can run off any computer, without anything extra (like an apache server for PHP).

Application programming language and not web programming language ^^ sure, I get your point :p

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Application programming language and not web programming language ^^ sure, I get your point :p

YEAH! Thank you. Thats what I was trying to say lol :)

0 0

in his defense, tho i agree with aldarhawk that he was a bit hasty to put down PHP, php is a scripting language rather than a programming language. it is interpreted, rather than compiled. javascript falls into the same category, but php is far more robust.

@ferlas .. be careful making assumptions on what people think. just say your bit, ask your question, and thing will go smoother.

0 0

only_samurai wrote: @ferlas .. be careful making assumptions on what people think. just say your bit, ask your question, and thing will go smoother.

I asked my question, and so far only one person has been on topic about my question.

0 0

i would like to join you guys. i'm not on as much as i used to be.

i know

HTML and having trouble with JS

i like to do more pen testing than i do development.

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: [quote]Feralas wrote:

HTML is not a coding language nor is Javascript but PHP is.

Alder I must disagree, Javascript is a real programming language. Its used for alot more than manipulating html elements on web pages. alot of system admins use it for netowrk managament (in lieu of vbscript) and in actually can run on a windows box using cscript or wscript).

Additionally, Javascript can be ran as server side code in ASP.NET just as Visual Basic and C# are.

0 0

I'd like to join your group. Although I might (and probably am) surpassed in knowledge of programming and scripting by you, I know a fair deal, and I am on quite often.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

I'm interested in the perl part :) you can give me a pm..

0 0

yea sure i'll join

0 0

count me in, too.

0 0

Sweet. Ill get a IRC channel set up later tonight.

Retired
10 0

i have opening for anyone from new to pro in a c++ group

cpponline.boardzero.com