Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

C++ Coding team

Retired
10 0

I am making a team of c++ coders who will help eachother with scripts and things of that sort if want to join post here. I will post more in a little while (Class is starting).

0 0

I would be really interested in this. However I haven't been at c++ for very long so my skill level is still low so if you only want people with a certain skill level to join I probabyl wont fit in. If you don't care about skill level I will be happy to join and hopefully learn along with other :)

Retired
10 0

Now for a more in depth set up of this team.

I am making a forum to post to each other now so we can keep in contact. (im going to pm the forum to keep out spammers). This team has no skill needed to join. It's kinda like hbh is to hacking. some experience helps but is not nessecary. On this team you can ask questions and expect real answers not flames and i know i would really enjoy that. (I've been through the whole "Flaming isn't bad" thing). So If you have any more questions don't back down and ask. I'll post here.

0 0

i would like to join ^^

Retired
10 0

Ok i will start sending pm's now.

0 0

what's with you and your undying attempt to do something with C++???

you've claimed to try to make OS after learning 2 weeks of c++…. you've tried to receive program request from others and make program for them….

but I've yet to see any successful product…. also there are several other failure by you that didn't mentioned but others talked about on your post…

and now your are going to organize team of C++?

I'm all for the idea of that but I don't think you are experienced enough to form such a team, or to be honest… be part of it…

I guess it all depend on the depth of the projects team do….

maybe it's just me…. but I don't see this boat going any where good….

Retired
10 0

It will work if People actually join. The entire point behind this team is for people to get HUMAN help. That way you can explain what you are doing and get a help on that specific topic.

0 0

generally speaking….

people who are able to give help offer such a concept…

not otherway around…

Retired
10 0

I have a question for Mr. Cheese. Did you know everything you know about the web that you know now when you started this site?

Retired
10 0

ok im making the forum open

cpponline.boardzero.com

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

yours31f wrote: I have a question for Mr. Cheese. Did you know everything you know about the web that you know now when you started this site? obviously the answer would be no, but i'm sure he knew quite a bit.

in your case, you need either the knowledge to share with you team, or the leadership skills to organize the learning. you need to ask yourself whether you have either of those before possibly dragging your other team members down.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

yours31f wrote: ok im making the forum open
cpponline.boardzero.com whatever happened to "im going to pm the forum to keep out spammers"?

Retired
10 0

I Can and will delete any users who decide to spam. (I thought it would be harder than it is on this software.)

Retired
10 0

Any one who is looking to learn or even just code with prior knowledge should join. This is a good chance for you and other to increase their use of this language. as of now we only have 2 members and we need more.

Python Ninja
0 0

ShapeShifters wrote: I would be really interested in this. However I haven't been at c++ for very long so my skill level is still low so if you only want people with a certain skill level to join I probabyl wont fit in. If you don't care about skill level I will be happy to join and hopefully learn along with other :)

don't stress, yours31f doesn't know much either,

0 0

ShapeShifters wrote: I would be really interested in this. However I haven't been at c++ for very long so my skill level is still low so if you only want people with a certain skill level to join I probabyl wont fit in. If you don't care about skill level I will be happy to join and hopefully learn along with other :)

Exactly as Richo said. You have to participate in projects…

Be the worst one in the team, you'll, then, learn and watch the leader, and gain experience, and gain experience from him, and you'll learn how he talks, how he code, how he lead…

Be the best one, you'll then gain respect, and will know how to SHOW, and express your point…

Projects are very convincing way for increasing the skill, as you have things you've to look for (google functions, etc), and have goals, as doing X, while coding X, you'll know how to do many things, as it opens the door for further…

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

mido wrote: Be the worst one in the team, you'll, then, learn and watch the leader, and gain experience, and gain experience from him, and you'll learn how he talks, how he code, how he lead…

although the 'leader' is someone whos best code was stolen from others and who thinks l337 5p34k is cool…

0 0

ynori7 wrote: although the 'leader' is someone whos best code was stolen from others and who thinks l337 5p34k is cool…

I was talking generally :p.

But, yea.

Retired
10 0

Hey i could really care less of what you want to think of me. I have nothing to gain from useless post. If you want to join, it's up to you. If not, let others choose for themselves.

0 0

Thanks richo and mido :)

And come on guys give him a break. Just because he's not the best out there doesn't mean he can't give this a shot. I will probably learn a bit from it and so can more people.

If more people join we can see where this will go. I'm not gonna give up on it so if we can get others like that then this idea wont fail.

The site's not looking to bad, we just need the members. It's ok if you don't want to join but it would be nice if people wouldn't flame to keep away people who might want to. This site doesn't have to be(and shouldn't be) your main place to learn c++ but it does mean that people who need help have a place to get it.

0 0

I would like to join this C++ group.

0 0

ive never really tried C++ so i would be willing to learn anything you have to offer, count me in :happy:

0 0

I'll join, always nice to have a team to help and theres always something to do so when you run out of ideas you can ask what others are working on so you can get some idea of what to make.

I have a firm grasp on ANSI C++ as well as C and the win32 API and wxWidgets cross platform API. Don't like .NET other than that I'll pretty much work on whatever.

0 0

this sounds like a good idea.. I know pretty much alot of C++ including pointers and classes.. the only thing i dont know is the GUI.. but I would like to join this group if it's still possible..

0 0

Yup it's still possible. Site is cpponline.boardzero.com

Python Ninja
0 0

ShapeShifters wrote: Thanks richo and mido :)

And come on guys give him a break. Just because he's not the best out there doesn't mean he can't give this a shot. I will probably learn a bit from it and so can more people.

If more people join we can see where this will go. I'm not gonna give up on it so if we can get others like that then this idea wont fail.

The site's not looking to bad, we just need the members. It's ok if you don't want to join but it would be nice if people wouldn't flame to keep away people who might want to. This site doesn't have to be(and shouldn't be) your main place to learn c++ but it does mean that people who need help have a place to get it.

I don't have a problem with him being "not the best".

We all have to start somewhere, what pisses me off is that he's wasting so much time setting up shit like this, that with no real guidance will enver go anywhere, when if he spent this time coding he could actually get good.

0 0

richohealey wrote: I don't have a problem with him being "not the best".

We all have to start somewhere, what pisses me off is that he's wasting so much time setting up shit like this, that with no real guidance will enver go anywhere, when if he spent this time coding he could actually get good.

well I don't think it's that bad. I've already learned something because of it and while it might not be something big, if I learned something it wasn't a waste.

I understand what your saying by if he spent the time at this site on actual coding it might be more beneficial but this also gives him a place for him to get help too.

Whether it fails or not will be seen in the future. No harm in trying if you want to try.

0 0

i agree the site is not harming anyone so y bother putting it down just mind your own and let people join if they want to join you gotta start somwhere who knows mabey it will turn out a success and it will be a good learning ground for people who want to learn theres no reason to say it will fail now even before its been given a chance to succeed just my opinion

0 0

richohealey wrote: I don't have a problem with him being "not the best".

Then maybe he don't know where to start, or what way to start through…?

0 0

well i didn't have enough time to read through the whole thread.

but i don't think any coding teams would be a good idea. remember what happened to the ptyhon coding team.

0 0

fallingmidget wrote: well i didn't have enough time to read through the whole thread.

but i don't think any coding teams would be a good idea. remember what happened to the ptyhon coding team.

Depends on the leader, and members, and how serious they are.

And, of course, skill.

Retired
10 0

I think it just depends on the members and not the leader. If you have a group with a great leader but no members, Then what do you really have?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

yours31f wrote: I think it just depends on the members and not the leader. If you have a group with a great leader but no members, Then what do you really have? no leader=no order or organization the leader and the members are equally important

0 0

fallingmidget wrote: well i didn't have enough time to read through the whole thread.

well it's already off to a better start then that but whether or not it will last has yet to be seen

0 0

yours31f wrote: I think it just depends on the members and not the leader. If you have a group with a great leader but no members, Then what do you really have?

A country of good government and bad people = shit.

A country of good people and bad government = shit.

A country of good people and good government = heaven.

It's the same way…

Retired
10 0

ok but i guess the U.S. is doing pretty well though.

0 0

yours31f wrote: ok but i guess the U.S. is doing pretty well though.

Which case, do you think, the US is?

0 0

It seems like he's implying "A country of good people and bad government"

:(
80 120

yours31f wrote: ok but i guess the U.S. is doing pretty well though. Ouch….But, once again, you're wrong. The US is in decline. Our dollar is now worth quite a bit less than the euro. Our economy sucks, we use tons of oil, yet we sell most of what we produce… The list goes on and on. The days of the United States being a superpower are, unfortunately, limited, unless we can get our act together. But that's just what I've heard. I'm not a real politics nut considering each politician is going to be just as corrupt as the last.

Retired
10 0

Okay and i suppose your going on about my group based on what you've heard too?

0 0

Futility wrote: Ouch….But, once again, you're wrong. The US is in decline. Our dollar is now worth quite a bit less than the euro. Our economy sucks, we use tons of oil, yet we sell most of what we produce… The list goes on and on. The days of the United States being a superpower are, unfortunately, limited, unless we can get our act together. But that's just what I've heard. I'm not a real politics nut considering each politician is going to be just as corrupt as the last.

It doesn't suck. But yeah, the world can't be one-power-pole, it must fall. There must be 2 poles…

Nevertheless, it, economy, doesn't suck. At least, you can find food, you still colonize some areas, so don't claim the suck'ness.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

The droping dollar is good for the US.

Right now we have a hard time exporting becuase are items cost more.

with the drop of the dollar the items are more likely to export becuase it will be cheaper then before.

:(
80 120

@Mido- True, true. I might have over exaggerated, but you gotta admit that it is worse than it used to be.

Oh, and yours31f, I'm not 'going on about your group based on what I've heard'. I actually haven't said one thing against it yet. But, since you decided to bring me into it, I might as well say my share. I'm going on about your group based on what you know- next to nothing. You have posted two codes on the site so far. One is one line of code over and over and over and over again. The other one is taken directly from HBH's code bank without any sort of credit given.

But, I must admit that I like the idea. If you actually keep it going and stay active, my respect level for you will definitely grow. I'm learning some C++ right now, so I'm probably going to join and lend a hand to the new guys/learn from the experienced guys (if they ever decide to come). Unfortunately, if any of your past posts are any indication, you're probably going to let it fall into nothingness. But that's just my opinion. I hope you prove me wrong.

[EDIT] Sorry for changing the subject. My bad. (Wow…is it just me or was this post unusually nice?)

0 0

Futility wrote: [EDIT] Sorry for changing the subject. My bad. (Wow…is it just me or was this post unusually nice?)

It is. :p

Retired
10 0
  1. Well i plan on proving you wrong
  2. I am going to give credit (hadn't looked it up yet but it is edited)
  3. I hope you do join

0 0

DUDE, I think, to gain more decent members, you've to decide to work on a specific project/specify a certain goal. Then, you'll know each others, then you'll brainstorm some ideas, and do more useful projects.

That's the way I see it.

Retired
10 0

Kinda late (I'm already doing that.) Actually im working with shapeshifter on a program that does diffrent things when you press diffrent keys

0 0

I would be in on it man…sounds really cool….i used to mess around with C++ and when i say mess round…thats basically it but i loved it and this would be a awesome opportunity to get back into Coding So PM if you wish me to be on…..peace

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

SET wrote: The droping dollar is good for the US.

Right now we have a hard time exporting becuase are items cost more.

with the drop of the dollar the items are more likely to export becuase it will be cheaper then before. wrong. it will indeed be cheaper for exports, but the drop of the dollar's value hurts us more than it helps us.

the united states is, i believe, the world's biggest importer. if the dollar has less value, it costs us more to import, and everyone here has less buying power. the US is not much of an exporter, so revenue-expenses<0. we're losing much more than we're gaining.

sorry for offtopicness

@yourself- i agree with what futility said. i've gotten a bad impression of you, so it will take a while that to go away. if you can make this work it would greatly raise my opinion of you. i know c++ fairly well, and i would join to help out, but at the moment i'm not feeling well plus i'm swamped with work.

0 0

cis_slayer wrote: I would be in on it man…sounds really cool….i used to mess around with C++ and when i say mess round…thats basically it but i loved it and this would be a awesome opportunity to get back into Coding So PM if you wish me to be on…..peace

did u go to the site and register?

0 0

yea im going to….im really tired right now…so i dont wanna try and remeber anything…4:45am over here….so peace

Retired
10 0

Anyone who wants to do anything with c++ is welcome to join.

0 0

it's not just a coding team its a place to learn, teach, or come together in a place where everyone shares a common interest

0 0

ok ill rephrase on behalf of the site its a place for people who share a common interest in c++ to come together and have a place to be organized, while at the site if any of the members decide they want to learn from others or help others out then they can do so

Retired
10 0

Nicely put. @ kiyo (Sorry don't remeber your full name), i understand what you are saying, but you don't understand what i was doing. I wasn't attempting to make a fully functional program for sale or even freeware. I was merly learning through active use.

0 0

really more people should join to give it a chance

Retired
10 0

I have added alot to the site in terms of use. I have added projects a tutorial (More coming soon) and plan to do alot more. We need more members that want to be active in c++. So even if you are just considering , do it.

0 0

I'm getting that the site can't be found man, I think boardzero is down, not sure why but we should probably stop using boardzero and setup a forum on another host like freehostia.

Retired
10 0

I've heard of some others too, I'll look around.

0 0

yeah boardzero is down right now it would be a good idea to get a good host we need more members to join

Retired
10 0

KNow of any good ones?

0 0

Could I join your C++ programming team, I am new, but I am very determined. Thank you.

Retired
10 0

well, it has pretty much ended, due to lack of member use.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: well, it has pretty much ended, due to lack of…

I believe the word you are looking for is "skill".

0 0

Yah. That and lack of a good leader, including leadership, and hmm, maybe members? You might want to mention that before you talk aboot lack of member use.

PS. And how ignorant do you have to be to put the quote of a dis on YOU in your own sig? Honestly. At least say who said it and if you can't remember it was moshbat. Prolly one of his funniest posts ever too.

0 0

yours31f wrote: well, it has pretty much ended, due to lack of member use.

Doesn't take too many members to make a group

0 0

count me in this team.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

This was like two years ago man. Team never went anywhere.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

It never fails to amaze me how people dig up these old articles, then somehow forget that they are old, even though they were digging through old articles to start with.

0 0

is this mean this team was no longer available :D. too late for me then :(

Retired
10 0

No. It's not too late for you. It's only too late for him.

0 0

buddywithgol wrote: How do i join?:o

First, kill yourself for bumping a dead thread from almost 2 years ago. Second, hit us up in IRC for how to learn or more projects you can work on with us.