Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

General - Javascript

0 0

Generally i have seen that in order to crack the JS challenges we have to see the source. My problem is that everytime if i want to see the source i have to freeze the page but stoppin it. I'm usin IE. os is there any way of seeing the full source code without freezing it.

0 0

not sure what you're exactly asking, but if you switched to a better browser, then you'll find it helpful in viewing the source w/o right-clicking to "view-source".

in the address bar (where you type in URLs) just do this, for example:

view-source:http://www.victim.xx/lookatme.txt

you can also press [ESC] while the page is loading (if that's what you mean by "freeze"), then view your desired source code.

Generally, javascript injections aren't focused or lie in the source code. Most of the work will be done in the address bar (where you type in the URL). for example, to view cookies:

javascript:alert(document.cookie);

That also applies to XSS Injection Detection, which you can't detect by using the source, you'll have to check using the address bar with, say:

<script type="text/javascript"> alert('Exploitable') </script>

Didn't know how else to answer your question, so if you got some undesired responses, then ask again, but please, be more specific and use sound terminology.

0 0

I suggest the you get firefox… it is much easier to use… especially for some of the challenges on this site..

I am not sure if you can put view-source: in front of the url with IE but you can with firefox….

as far as injections go.. u can use almost any browser…. as long as you have the page loaded…..

0 0

you can also press [ESC] while the page is loading (if that's what you mean by "freeze"), then view your desired source code.

For JS 3 challenge , i did this to see the source code but when i see the code i found only half code for the script which i need to decode. Is there any other way to see the full length source code of the page?

0 0

I just redid the challenge, I am still unsure why you have to freeze the page… I am able to view the entire source once it loads……. it just puts it differently now then how it used to.

0 0

once it loads, i think the right click is disabled. in that way how can u say the source code..

0 0

use the fire bug add on for firefox

0 0

Let the page load fully then try to view the source,

i think this will help!

0 0

thinkinstein wrote: once it loads, i think the right click is disabled. in that way how can u say the source code..

Go to view, and click source..(top left corner of your browser)