Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

ok got to the source and it shows all these equations which i kno makes the pass but im confused about the v3=s1.substring (6,9)+a2.substring (2,8) hmmmmm a little push wud be appreciated

0 0

yea JS7 IS confusing

0 0

well i got part of it !spoiler! v3 shud be equal to c + 000ee and it says if input is not equal to v3 && e4 then show its wrong which means we need to satisfy e3 and v4 and e3 = c000ee and v4 jus means to capitalize it so the pass shud be C000EE but it doesnt wurk for me

sry dont know how to hiide spoilers

EDIT- i figured it out yay i wuz injectin at the index because i wuz always redirected when i tried to view the source to find out what to inject but i figured it out now

0 0

im still lost on this anymore help on this mission?

0 0

This one has me stumped to, any clues would be appreciated.

0 0

You have to learn how JavaScript substrings work.

0 0

I don't think all JS protection can be bypassed like that, but i do know that most of them can.

0 0

Well, I asked a question but the forums have been kicked back, so I'll ask it again.

I understand substrings and how they work etc, though there is something about this mission I am unsure of. The s1 and a1 values:

s1=window.document.bgColor;

a2=window.document.linkColor;

Do these correspond to the actual values you must develop your password from, or are they telling you where to find the values. I noticed there are values within body tags of bgcolor and link, so do we use these values or the precise values listed above. I hope I explained that well enough.

Either way, are punctuation or special characters in general included when calculating or not?

0 0

i know i havent done the other 4 or so javascript ones yet, but this one makes more sense to me than the others,but i was wondering if you had to convert your answers you get to anything, i would be more specific but it would be a spoiler, so could someone who knows pm me for some help?

0 0

Arg stupid mission s1=bgcolor=#D0D0D0 a2=linkcolor=#FF9900 v3=s1.substring (6,9)+a2.substring (2,8) im not getting this i read the sub string article and i dont under stand. in the first one we are pulling 6 through 9 on bg/and 2 through 8 on linkcolor, but wait! in the srcipt it just says link theres no color there just link so i think to my self what a wonderful world? no i think bgcolor(value)+link(value)+the color value again…huh? or am i a stupid newb(and is just rambling on)<ignore this> but what i am trying to say is i dont get how you could pull lines 6,9 on bg from what i count i can only pull 7 but if i make the starting value 0 then i can only pull 6 of the values from bg color………urgh forgive me i read over that and i sound like a dumbass…i need some help urhg

0 0

This mission is funny because you don't actually need to know the first thing about substrings. Forget substrings, that's all I'm saying.

0 0

s1=window|.do|cument.bgColor; a2=wi|ndow.d|ocument.linkColor;

v3=s1.substring (6,9)+a2.substring (2,8); e4=v3.toUpperCase ();

alright… so i take letters 6-9 from s1 and 2-8 from a2? i end up with .dondow.d and when i make it caps it stilled doesnt work am i at kleast going the right way? [edit] i also tried to take the 6th 9th 2nd and 8th letters and got "woid". is that even close?

[MEGA EDIT] ok i dunno how all this substring stuff works but there's another way to do it. hint- in order to go to the page where your points are, you have to enter the correct password. if you enter the wrong password, you'll get an error message. Maybe there's a way to change the page so you never need to find out the real password. MAYBE you can change it so it gives you points for putting in the… GASP WRONG password.

0 0

Urghhhh, stop figuring out the substrings (which, by the way, could easily be calculated by JS). How can you satisfy a lower case answer as well as an upper case answer? You're barking up the wrong tree.

0 0

ok lets its thinky time! ..ok now, from fagitz hint we know to disregaurd the substring done! ok but we still need the some sort of value. these are bgcolor and linkcolor bgcolor="D0D0D0 link=#FF9900 but then what dose (6,9) and (2,8) mean? and if im not on the right track then well…..lol i dont know! i spend most of my time at school trying to figue this one out have it written down and every thing hmmm "Im preaty smart" yah as smart as a rock! but yes i fail to see this one and when i do i know it will be somthing really retarted and we will all hate ourself for not noticing and stuff and stuff ect so dont worry people it will all work out sooner or later and we can be retarted to geather Yaaaa!:p Opps i was rambling on sorry ^^

0 0

(6,9) n (2,8) looks like points for a graph.. Im stumped here too lol

0 0

fagitz wrote: Urghhhh, stop figuring out the substrings (which, by the way, could easily be calculated by JS). How can you satisfy a lower case answer as well as an upper case answer? You're barking up the wrong tree.

well u cant…unless you use numbers cause they are neither uppercase or lower case. soooo wud you put the pass into binary?

0 0

urgh i may be far from beating this i have a clue, well at lease i think its one. Ok now correct me if im wrong (freaking HELP!) but the 2 lines s1=window.document.bgColor; a2=window.document.linkColor; focus on bgcolor="#D0D0D0" and the link color witch is link="#FF9900" right? (OH GOD PLZ HELP!) now after some time like some of you guys we realize the code #D0D0D0 is really a color! so is the link code! http://www.acc.umu.se/~widmark/lwbgcolo.html(to see what i mean input the code D0D0D0 to see its changes the color of the page and what not. Now ive found a hex chart for the colors but its not working out right now :( ) am i even on the right track? or am i far from it insert feed back here please! :)

0 0

ok, i've just got this i'll give you all a hint. you've all got:

v3=s1.substring (6,9)+a2.substring (2,8);

so why dont you do javascript:alert with that equation exept change it abit.

0 0

yes, j/ have it alert what v1 and s1 equal

0 0

how can i? i cant even put alert in urlbar i cant stop it fast enough. or do i put it in the psword box?

0 0

You could find away to make the javascript not work long enough to inline some. There's a faster way to view the souce also.

0 0

ahhh i keep getting error page when i try to check :(

0 0

im losing my freakin mind on this challeng need assistance here Gahhhhhh!

0 0

ahhhh am i even useing the correct alert? javascript:alert(document.xxxxxx)? javascript:alert(00)? :(

0 0

Guys you should really listen to fagitz. I did, and I passed it in less than a minute. You don't need to learn javascript subscripts, but you can if you want.

Hint: You too can write javascript, not just the website designer!

0 0

well i will tel u how i found the password out……

hers is the clue… simple one…. helps me all the time….

use the function —>> document.write( blah blah )

in the source code…. but i wont tell u where and i guarrenty that u will find the password in seconds….

if u cant still find feel free to ask;)

0 0

Absolute_zero is right You dont need to know the first thing about substrings, just use the document.write and u got it ;)

0 0

Absolute_zero is right You dont need to know the first thing about substrings, just use the document.write and u got it ;)

0 0

ive tried useing document.write(…) and it gave me this "454F0" and ive tried the password many times and it wont work

0 0

look at the source…. u need to get ** as the password so try use that in the document.write

0 0

AAHHH!!!! Can't do it.

Possible spoiler:

I changed the alert that says "Wrong!" to the variables that I'm suppose to insert has password. Then I used What he show to me, but it didn't work! And I don't know why!

If someone could help me, I would appreciate!

Cya

0 0

no_panic wrote: Possible spoiler:

I changed the alert that says "Wrong!" to the variables that I'm suppose to insert has password. Then I used What he show to me, but it didn't work! And I don't know why!

Are you sure you put the variables in right, and without quotes?

0 0

SlimTim10

I change the "Wrong!" by

alert(s1+a2+v3+e4);

What do you think?

0 0

It's much more easy than that. Look at the code again. You'll get it ;)

0 0

Hahaha this was soo easy.. it was there all the time, :)

0 0

do it by hand. Much easier if you understand the working of substrings. You only have to read and think.

And put the right anwser in the password box.

0 0

..yeah. I been trying this for a month so I figured I'd cheat and not think for myself and see what others asked… …So.. I'm going to work at this one again..

0 0

well i don't understand how i'm supposed to inject something into the page in the state that it's in… so sod that for now.

And I kinda understand substrings. but how can the (6,9) or (2,8) be possible when the s1 and a2 have only seven characters? Or am i to use the entire 'window.document.bgColor'?

[edit:] well i managed to inject javascript to give me s1+a2… will now play..

note: the result i get from the javascript injection is different from what it says in the pages source… is this right?

0 0

cries

I just don't get it. I need more information. Someone give me a push?

0 0

Just some Javascript in general. Do you know how to alert variables? alert(var) –> Alerts the variable called "var" from the document. alert("var") –> Alerts the letters "var" instead of searching for a variable.

I pretty much gave it away now. The javascript lvl 7 creator isn't the only one who can use javascript..

(If this contains too many spoilers I am very sorry - edit away)

0 0

Hah, completed at last. Thanks to the help I got from oOJINxOo.

Personally I think learning substrings to complete this mission is not a bad idea. Yes, it's easier to inject some javascript to give you the answer, but I understand how substrings work now, and how It came to the answer it did. You people should be ashamed at teliing others not to learn!

0 0

possible spoiler:

you save the page to your hard. then alter the code to show you the variables that are not shown in the source. and then calculate!

hope to help…

0 0

will some nice person help me? I've altered the code to tell me what the variables are, except it still doesn't work.

Please help!

• Sarah

Admin from hell
0 0

Try using an alert that is already there to view variable

0 0

see carefully what spyware says and dig them , then js7 is done ,

0 0

this is a hint, might be a spoilier Try to edit the script somewhere else besides in the source… like maby in notepad….