Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 15 Broken Under IE

0 0

Javascript challenge 15 is broken for Internet Explorer. The problem is you're trying to assign a variable the value of a password field (this isn't aloud in IE6). If you wanna do this challenge use Firefox. (Or maybe we can get someone to fix it?) Also, the lines with the variable declarations (var a, var b, var c, etc.) should probably have a ; at the end of each of them.

Admin from hell
0 0

I did this challenge with ie and had no problem. Just redid it again and it works fine.

0 0

Yeah well, check your version buddy. It doesnt work 4 me.

Admin from hell
0 0

I have IE6 on XP/PRO. Maybe you should try reading the article on this challenge. You can alert the var. or Simply solve the answer.

0 0

i don't need help solving it, i can do it in Firefox, but something is weird with the code, I'm trying to debug it, and it won't debug, it keeps telling me the object doesn't support this property or method.

0 0

i figured it out. Internet Explorer doesn't like having the variable being named password (which is the same as the FORM NAME). It thinks your trying to assign a value to the form object (probably).

0 0

And korg, the reason it probably worked for you is because you probably just submitted your answer till it gave you the points, rather than using the check answer button.

0 0

well in "real life" you wouldn't need the check button. and you would just hack it

lets just say that anyone who uses ie will have to find a way to fix that or use another browser =)

Admin from hell
0 0

Well without giving to much away if you understand the code and what the check and submit buttons are doing. Then you can edit it and make it work for you.It's real tricky coding by SlimTim10,Hats off. Of course there is more to it than that not listing spoilers.

0 0

after that article and the other thread. there's not much left to spoil..

0 0

all javascript hacking is easy to me (at least the stuff on this site). It's all just logical thinking really. But the point of this thread was to let people know the check button for IE6 isn't working. The code is actually full of errors, i'm surprised it even worked in firefox.