Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 5

0 0

Okay I did view-source: on that page and got a part of a link that showd me the format of the password

b==year+12 and a==b

so answer=b? and b=year +12?

Well then i saw ".php" so i was guesing it was 2005+12=2017

"2017.php"

But it didnt work, im kinda stumped here.

0 0

Do some research on the javascript used.

0 0

Hehe, experimenting never heart any1. I just looked at this, tried copying and pasting in frustration, and accidentaly solved it in a mere 10 seconds XD

I had no idea I was doing the right thing, but thru experimenting I got it :D

Hint: Read the full javascript command before acting.

0 0

Do a google search on the script and they'll explain it to u,..you'll solve it in less than 2 min:) After my research i solved it in less that 1 min.

0 0

what do i google for js in general or somthing else?

0 0

Here is a huge hint. Are you sure you know what getYear is, or are you going off of intuition?

0 0

yuuichi wrote: what do i google for js in general or somthing else?

well if you think a bit, you should know the answer to that question :-). just google for the things you don't understand in the javascript.

0 0

omg i missed that challeng for so long and it was that easy! F*cking Christ Hellboundhackers & Google my anti Drug!

Thanks guys.

0 0

I had a little bit of trouble with this then I realized it was the new year. They never updated the challenge to work in 2006, it's still set on 2005.

Y2K bug :p

0 0

WOah! Im blind i dont even fucking find the line whit year thingy :S i realy dont get this challenge were do we get the freacking passwd!? :):D

0 0

OMFG! now im confused is this javascript challenge 5 or 6?!

0 0

SlimTim10 wrote: This was the first page on Google when I searched for your problem: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/datecompat.html

That's more than enough information you need.

Yes, that's useful! Considering most people use firefox.

Try googling getyear firefox. Should be the first result you get.

[edit:] just to let people know that the mission thinks it is 2006 now. People saying the mission thought it was 2005 was confusing me.

0 0

Is this challenge broken at the moment? Taking into account the new year, when I type in the answer I get a "Good job" message, but then redirected to an error page. Is this part of the challenge as well and I'm just missing something, or is it really broken?

0 0

@Admin

please check this challenge, I think its broke!

it would be nice if it worked with the current year!

THX

Dantronix :@

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I already mentioned this to grind a while ago but he didn't do anything about it, he was probably busy.

0 0

@system_meltdown

I get the success message , and then forwarded to an error page!

I'm gonna wait until its sorted.

Cheers

Dantronix

0 0

i just completed it w/o googling it. I did trial and error. Just copied and pasted the javascript in that ******.js page. Kinda simple really

0 0

i just completed it w/o googling it. I did trial and error. Just copied and pasted the javascript in that ******.js page. Kinda simple really