Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 5 *SPOILER*

0 0

I've looked at the jsp file. It's year+12..

The current year is 2005, so 2005+12=2017 doesn't it?

Could someone tell me where i'm going wrong?

0 0

Your logic is all correct, but you have a flawed premise.

0 0

head explodes

…. do you mean 2017 ISN'T the answer?? Or it is but I'm not entering it right?

0 0

You can brute-force it

0 0

So…. i should go learn about brute forcing php pages (Does the website login brute force require access to the website?) before i try attempting this?

0 0

You can really brute force anything, it'll just take forever. I wouldn't suggest doing that because you really don't learn anything. This challenge is really simple if you take a close look at what functions are being used.

0 0

i was having problems with this one so i used google. i got this link that might help. [edit Grind]Link removed because of spoiler[/edit]

0 0

W00T!

That works perfectly, thank you :)

0 0

Yeah, i thought the challenge was messed up when that happened to me. But, it's the wrong url. It shouldn't work.

0 0

well am i close or am i completely off?

0 0

metsoc30 wrote: You can really brute force anything, it'll just take forever. I wouldn't suggest doing that because you really don't learn anything. This challenge is really simple if you take a close look at what functions are being used.

I brute forced it in 3 seconds…

Everybody else…

Just be smarter then the script

0 0

yeah but i dont want to brute force it thats kind of crappy…. and shows that you only know ONE way to break into it.

0 0

You can do this challenge in 2 ways, i did it the fast way but you can also do it the hard way but then you have to know js :)

0 0

Xyng wrote: [quote]metsoc30 wrote: You can really brute force anything, it'll just take forever. I wouldn't suggest doing that because you really don't learn anything. This challenge is really simple if you take a close look at what functions are being used.

I brute forced it in 3 seconds… [/quote] I was referring to brute forcing in general. I did the mission in about 3 seconds too, without brute forcing.

0 0

I have already done this mission by java script version of solution. Now I would like to do it by bruteforcing. So with wich program can I do this (I know that there is a lot programs which can do that, but which is the best)

0 0

metsoc30 you did it the same way as i do i think :) but that's a little brute force thing, you can also do this in the browser

0 0

SPOILER LAST IN THE TEXT

Learn javascript. The current year is not 2005 according to getYear, but according to getFullYear. SPOLERgetYear returns the difference between the year 1900 and the current year *SPOILER

0 0

Xyng wrote: metsoc30 you did it the same way as i do i think :) but that's a little brute force thing, you can also do this in the browser Great minds think alike ;)

0 0

I found the difference is [removed due to spoilers] in, but the thing still wont work.. Am I doing something wrong?

0 0

GhostlyHacker wrote: I found the difference is 100 so I put the pass [removed due to posiler] in, but the thing still wont work.. Am I doing something wrong?It worked for me

0 0

I took the diffrence that i found and then added 12 years to it but for some reason the password i put in says Try It Again and then after i do it 2 times it logs me out.

0 0

Same thing happens with me!

0 0

Focus on the page it will send you to if you correctly input the password. You are not seeing that certain, ah what are they called… well, the operator things are missing from it.

0 0

My advice is to use firefox to test the "get.year()" and then IE . Then you'll see the difference [ I used firefox 1.0.4 and Ie 5.0, but i completed the mission with firefox ] :);)B)

0 0

i got the js file edited it so it alerted the values for the answer which you should be capable of if you have done the 1st few javascript challenges :)

0 0

Im still having trubles with this one. I get the year [removed due to spoiler] but then it says good job and then redirects me to a page that says sorry, its wrong or something like that. what am i doing wrong? Now my answer wont even work. man this sucks.

0 0

think hts challanges

0 0

THANK YOU CHEESE!!! fore keeping those damn spoilers out of the forum ;)

0 0

I am not sure if anyone cleared this up. but when you look at the source, you find a ".js" file. When you open that up there is a

"year = blahblah();" research that and maybe your answer is there

0 0

Something I like to do when try to 'crack' javascript challenges, is: save the source to your computer and take out all of the HTML crap leaving only the bit of js that you need. Then tweak it a bit so that it writes the variable that would contain the password. :P Easy enough, it'll print the password right to your screen.

0 0

all u have to do is google it. quite easy once uve done that:)