Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 8

0 0

I'm having trouble with javascript 8. I believe the decoder I am using isn't able to process one of the characters? I have tried googling around for a better decoder, but to no such avail. Can I double check my string with someone?

Thanks

10 9

You need a decoder that uses the fulll ascii table in order to convert it correctly.

Or just find the missing char in the ascii table and edit it into your aanswer.

0 0

I think I might be able to help. I had the same problem and just solved it.

The problem is that these character codes use extended ASCII (i.e. codes 128-255, or 0x80-0xFF). But, there is more than one set of characters for these codes, depending on which code page you use.

The codes you have include 0x9A. This is probably the one that is messing up your solution. In standard Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) any char from 0x80 to 0x9F is a control character. So 0x9A is a control character.

The challenge is using Windows-1252 (code page 1252), because in this code page 0x9A is NOT a control character. You need to look up code page 1252, If you use this to decode it you will probably get the right password, This might explain why so many others who have posted on this forum have struggled using standard decoders, all of which probably use Latin-1. Frankly, I think that the challenge should also have used Latin-1, or just standard ASCII (codes 0-127).

Is this of any help?

P.S. Other posts on this forum talk about there being two stages to this problem, where you have to view the source again for a different cookie to pass the second stage. This appears no longer to be the case.