Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 16

325 0

I can not for the life of me figure this out. I do not know how to Br*** F**** stuff because I like to solve the challenge without normally. Is there a way to do this challenge without it?

Edited for spoilers.

10 9

There are hundreds, if not thousands of strings that the challenge will accept as correct, IF they match the criteria set out in its checksum.

If you don't want to brute force it, you can work it out manually to find strings that match, or have a look at some of the older forum posts, and make an educated guess based on the format that the old password took, back when the challenge only accepted a single solution.

325 0

Thanks! I think I will do that I have the time on my hands so I might as well try if I can't is there any literature you can recommend on brute forcing?

0 0

var entry = document.forms["asdf"].elements[0].value; //Still don't understand how is it getting a value. This is the line that give a value to the entry variabel. window.location = "check.php?password="+entry; And the script direts you here if your password is right so you only have to get the entry. Am I right?

Sorry for being a n00b. :( Sorry if it was spolier.

0 0

This is the line that give a value to the entry variabel. var entry = document.forms["asdf"].elements[0].value; //Still don't understand how is it getting a value. It gets a value when you enter something as the password. window.location = "check.php?password="+entry; And the script direts you here if your password is right so you only have to get the entry. Am I right? Yes and No. No, because when you press the "check" button, the script redirects to check.php so that it can check IF your password is right, OR wrong. But yes, you do only have to.get the "entry" part right, as the "entry" is whatever you entered as the value for the password. So if you enter the correct password then yes you'd be right.