Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 16 same hash for many passwords

0 0

I've writen a program on C++ to get the answer for for Js 16. It told that the answer is *** I checked its hash and saw that it is ****** but when I submit my answer it says that the password is Invalid as the php compares strings. Can anybody help me or it is a part of problem. I can change the program to see all possible passwords but there will be very many passwords and I can't find which one is correct.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// I changed the program to find how many passwords with correct hash can my program find and it told that there are 15512 but I also kept the number in short int because of memory limit so it can be more than 65000.

Reason for edit: Remove spoilers.

philalethes
0 0

There are many that will work with the program, this is correct. The answer validation works in the same way as the challenge itself and will accept all passwords that are valid. The problem you have is simple, the password you used contains characters that the form will not accept, try using one that contains alpha-numeric chars only.

0 0

It's done. The problem was that. Thank you. :D