Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript 7

0 0

im getting a 404 error too. im positive i have the right answer. it wouldnt redirect if i didnt.

0 0

Works fine for me.

KvK

0 0

If you take a look at the source of the challenge and view the script, you can see that it has been corrupted, in that a vital variable is not given a value. Hope that helps. :happy:

0 0

if your still having problems you can pm me

0 0

Yep, its broken. Have the right answer, still doesn't work.

Any fix? PM if you would

Thanks.

~Intox

Admin from hell
0 0

The challenge works fine.

0 0

I am stuck! I cant understand the code. I see that the variables don't have a value but I cant understand what is the password. Can someone help me?

0 0

The variables do have values. Are you sure you examined all of the javascript code?

0 0

I think I know why this works for some people but not others. I just tried this again myself, using chrome, and it didn't work.

So then I did it again using Firefox and it worked!

Hope this helped.

0 0

ViCQ wrote: I think I know why this works for some people but not others. I just tried this again myself, using chrome, and it didn't work.

So then I did it again using Firefox and it worked!

Hope this helped.

Yup !! you're right !! just tried on chrome and IE ….. it didn't work !!! it worked fine for me on firefox !!

0 0

Tested it multiple times on FF working fine. I also tried it on IE worked for me aswell.

0 0

KvK is right, a vital variable has no value, so what could that be? SPOILER What is the "value" of variables that have no value? Hope that I haven't spoiled people's fun of the challenge.

Admins and mods please edit post as necessary

0 0

I had the same issue, and i got around it without giving that 5th variable a value. I'm not quite sure what Kyk and Phohtoo are going on about… Maybe I just overlooked something or didn't notice when i did it. Before assigning values to anything though, try doing it in FF, it worked right away for me too.

Good luck!

0 0

Chrome is definitely a no-no on this one …

0 0

Doesn't matter which browser you use.

You just need to view the page source and understand what the script does.

0 0

Not trying to start an argument or anything but I promise you, Chrome does something odd with challenge 7.

I agree – the challenge is not broken. It's Google's bug-ridden browser.

Either that or I mysteriously found an answer that works but isn't really the answer, and it only works in Firefox.

0 0

Wonder what's doing it then … strange. :ninja:

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Considering I havn't even done this challenge, I'm not saying Moshbat is wrong, however chrome does seem to do a lot of very weird things. One really annoying example is how the text that should by displayed, as I can see from the source when I press ctrl+U, will be different than the actual text displayed on the page when on some PHP pages.

0 0

if entering the password into the the password box does not work(for some reason), you could try to go to the page where it goes if the password is correct.

HINT**(possible spoiler, even if it is in the source code :P): window.location.href=v3+".php";

:happy::happy:

0 0

I think the mission's broken or something. I manipulated the JavaScript code(after correcting the format) into printing the password . I returns "*F__"(obviously without the quotes, the asterixes represent a number. The same goes for the underscores). I tried to input it into the password box. It does nnot return the "wrong!" message it does when the password is wrong. It redirects me to the *F__.php page. This returns a 404. And this is happening in IE, Chrome and Firefox, all of them(although it really doesn't matter what the browser is sincce it returns a 404)

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Top post on this page. but my problem is not a Browser problem. I have viewed the source and have found the answer using it.

0 0

goluhaque wrote: I think the mission's broken or something. I manipulated the JavaScript code(after correcting the format) into printing the password . I returns "*F__"(obviously without the quotes, the asterixes represent a number. The same goes for the underscores). I tried to input it into the password box. It does nnot return the "wrong!" message it does when the password is wrong. It redirects me to the *F__.php page. This returns a 404. And this is happening in IE, Chrome and Firefox, all of them(although it really doesn't matter what the browser is sincce it returns a 404)

Hmm … I wonder if 'f' and 'F' are the same thing …

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]Twinkee wrote: [quote]goluhaque wrote: I think the mission's broken or something. I manipulated the JavaScript code(after correcting the format) into printing the password . I returns "*F__"(obviously without the quotes, the asterixes represent a number. The same goes for the underscores). I tried to input it into the password box. It does nnot return the "wrong!" message it does when the password is wrong. It redirects me to the *F__.php page. This returns a 404. And this is happening in IE, Chrome and Firefox, all of them(although it really doesn't matter what the browser is sincce it returns a 404)

Hmm … I wonder if 'f' and 'F' are the same thing … [/quote] Losing my patience. No, they are not the same. And did anyone notice a bit about the case of the string, huh?[/quote]

Wow dude really? It was a hint, I didn't want to outright say use 'f' instead of 'F'.

0 0

As a note to future users with this problem, I was unable to pass this with Firefox 4.0.1 (received 'Not Found'). I was however to pass it using the IE Tab add-on.

I've ruled out user error, as I pasted this from a clean notepad doc.

Hope this helps. ^.^

0 0

NOSKi wrote: As a note to future users with this problem, I was unable to pass this with Firefox 4.0.1 (received 'Not Found').

As a note to future users with this problem, I just did this challenge with firefox 4.0.1 and had no problems.

0 0

bizarre… I wander what could have been causing it. maybe one of my other add-ons. ? Oh, well. It's completed now. :)

0 0

Sorry about necroing this thread, but I've tried this with IE, FF, and Chrome. Looking at the page source in each one, Chrome includes two lines that initialize two key variables, while neither of the others do. I also used a JS alert to show what the password is and it matched what I got when I worked through the source code in Chrome.

Now, in all the browsers, that password gets me past the dialogs (so it's definitely correct), but in all of them, it leads to a 404. Could it be that whoever codes that challenge accidentally removed parts of the source code and deleted the final page? But that doesn't explain why the source code is different in Chrome than in IE and FF.

0 0

YouGotHacked wrote: Sorry about necroing this thread, but I've tried this with IE, FF, and Chrome. Looking at the page source in each one, Chrome includes two lines that initialize two key variables, while neither of the others do. I also used a JS alert to show what the password is and it matched what I got when I worked through the source code in Chrome.

Now, in all the browsers, that password gets me past the dialogs (so it's definitely correct), but in all of them, it leads to a 404. Could it be that whoever codes that challenge accidentally removed parts of the source code and deleted the final page? But that doesn't explain why the source code is different in Chrome than in IE and FF.

You may PM me if you like.

0 0

I went over the source code again - it's the same for all browsers. In FF and IE, the two key lines are whitespaced really far to the right. Chrome cleaned up the whitespace automatically, which made me (and some other people, too, I think) believe the source code was different.

EDIT: Problem resolved. The case handling threw me off since I was working in uppercase anyway. Changed case and it worked.

0 0

The challenge works the issue is not based on the browser, it is based in the code when a correct password is given.

I got a 404 error myself but, if you look in the source code when you get a correct answer what it does you might get a clue on how to fix that 404 error.

here is the issue –> the password must be submitted in pce –> the credit file must be in wce in the URL

when the script takes the correct password and does the redirect to the file to get credit you'll get a 404 error because the c**e doesn't match the file on the server.

sorry if this was any kind of spoiler, that was not my intention, if you already have the correct answer this should help you get credit for the mission.