Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

other challenges: linux

0 0

this is probably known, and probably unavoidable anyway, but figured I'd post it jic it wasn't.

spoofing your useragent allows you to get credit for the linux challenge without actually having linux.

0 0

sorry a spoiler

0 0

yeah duh dude

but isnt that kind of a spoiler?

0 0

sleazoid wrote: yeah duh dude

but isnt that kind of a spoiler? don't know enough to know if it was a duh to whoever put it up, or for that matter, if it was avoidable somehow.

I don't really consider it a spoiler, no. This isn't the challenge forum, and a couple of the articles on the basics pretty much say spoof your user agent (and even give the name of the ff plugin to do so.)

figured no great harm if it was known, and it certainly circumvents the intention of the challenge - and thus fits in bugs well enough.

0 0

groo wrote: sleazoid wrote: yeah duh dude

but isnt that kind of a spoiler?

groo wrote: don't know enough to know if it was a duh to whoever put it up, or for that matter, if it was avoidable somehow.

I don't really consider it a spoiler, no. This isn't the challenge forum, and a couple of the articles on the basics pretty much say spoof your user agent (and even give the name of the ff plugin to do so.)

alright dude:happy:

0 0

i edited the post sry

0 0

nah insidious you can spoof thats how i did it

0 0

sleazoid wrote: nah insidious you can spoof thats how i did it same here

0 0

i think about half of all the people that did the challenge just googled a linux user agent :D

0 0

i didnt have to google a user agent…i just changed everything to Linux and it works :)

but i do legit have linux, just got it after i did the challenge (ubuntu)

0 0

bigggnick wrote: i didnt have to google a user agent…i just changed everything to Linux and it works :)

but i do legit have linux, just got it after i did the challenge (ubuntu) thats exactly what i had said but it was concidered spoiler

0 0

imho this entire thread is a spoiler and the challenge sucks The operating system doesn't make the hacker, the hacker makes the operating system.

0 0

lol

0 0

somebody please ERASE this thread. massive spoilers all along.

about the articles saying go get a user agent etc. that BS.

neither my article not the other say to do that! i consider that cheating and also it pretty much beats the whole purpose of the challenge which is GETTING LINUX!!

0 0

i agree with folk…

although

this is how i did this mission..

but to redeem myself i have a few live discs and i am learning linux..

i am also plannin on putting it on my comp in the near future but yeah

delete this thread i was the first one to say it that this is a spoiler:D

0 0

sleazoid wrote: i agree with folk…

although

this is how i did this mission..

but to redeem myself i have a few live discs and i am learning linux..

i am also plannin on putting it on my comp in the near future but yeah

delete this thread i was the first one to say it that this is a spoiler:D damn right im just waiting for my laptop and ill download linux