Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

can't vote, mate

DeOnlyLimit=YourOwnImagination
5 0

Don't think it is really a bug, but I can't vote, and didn't vote before on this subject.

Anyone knows why? :P

0 0

Great that you missed the countless times that this has been asked as well as when we recently had an exchange in the forum of whether or not to remove/change this system. Basically, you need a set amount of forum posts as well as positive community points to be able to vote.

5 0

Ahh okj, but I have an earlier vote :P, that's why I didn't realize that.

0 0

COM wrote: we recently had an exchange in the forum of whether or not to remove/change this system. Did there end up being a decision made on that? :D

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: Did there end up being a decision made on that? :D Not that I know of, but I'm sure that at least ynori took note of it.

0 0

COM wrote: …took note of it.

Haha, seems to be a common phrase around here.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

fashizzlepop wrote: [quote]COM wrote: …took note of it.

Haha, seems to be a common phrase around here.[/quote] If I could do more than that I would. I've got quite a TODO list right now. Just waiting for a means.

0 0

COM wrote: Great that you missed the countless times that this has been asked as well as when we recently had an exchange in the forum of whether or not to remove/change this system. Basically, you need a set amount of forum posts as well as positive community points to be able to vote. Does anyone know how many forum posts are required to vote?

0 0

kenneth_nap wrote: Does anyone know how many forum posts are required to vote? Yes.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

kenneth_nap wrote: Does anyone know how many forum posts are required to vote? I guess COM is feeling unhelpful today. The answer is at least 30 posts (according to korg; I could have sworn it was raised to 50 though) and at least 1 community point.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: I guess COM is feeling unhelpful today. The answer is at least 30 posts (according to korg; I could have sworn it was raised to 50 though) and at least 1 community point. I was perfectly helpful, I answered his question as well as you could possibly do.

5 0

Now we know how much cp and forum posts we need :). I found it in forum thread 'Favorite Programming Language' via search now.

Sorry if we bothered you asking this question again :happy:, now it's said again and maybe we remember :P

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]kenneth_nap wrote: Does anyone know how many forum posts are required to vote? I guess COM is feeling unhelpful today. The answer is at least 30 posts (according to korg; I could have sworn it was raised to 50 though) and at least 1 community point.[/quote]

that's why i can't vote. errr, how can i get community point ??

0 0

paan tuh ?? could any one tell me how to get community point ??

0 0

ok thanx NoshBat. just like GRP (good reputation point).

my bad, i don't look around to find FAQ. once again, sorry.

Banned
0 0

The voting thing is flawed, nobody gives out community points these days. Just make the requirement 30 posts.

0 0

Erm, no it wasn't? This wasn't created for an event, it was an idea which was voted, I should know since I mainly implented it.

Spyware; Please explain what the issue and the problem is.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

MoshBat wrote: and Admins certainly don't reward good posts any more, or at least they give the amazing illusion that they don't anyhoo. I give and take CP for good and bad posts. Not very often, but I do. Pretty sure I've taken CP from you before.

And I agree that the limits should be changed. Maybe instead of having at least 1 CP, it should be required that you have at least 0 CP to prevent those trolls annoying enough to get negative CP from voting, but still allowing normal users to vote.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I also think we should remove the CP requirement. If you really feel we need 2 restricting mechanisms, how about we just require they have a certain amount of points instead (along with the 30 forum posts)?

0 0

I think it should stay the way it is. The amount you post reflects how much you are involved in the community. People who just sign up to get into the code bank, or to have a question answered shouldn't be allowed to vote. Personally I joined for the code bank, but once I started reading the threads, I became more interested in the community it self, making me a regular member. And only regular members I feel should be the only ones allowed to vote in community polls.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

techb wrote: I think it should stay the way it is. The amount you post reflects how much you are involved in the community. People who just sign up to get into the code bank, or to have a question answered shouldn't be allowed to vote. Personally I joined for the code bank, but once I started reading the threads, I became more interested in the community it self, making me a regular member. And only regular members I feel should be the only ones allowed to vote in community polls.

We're not discussing removing the requirement for forum posts…. Have you even read the thread?

0 0

Yeah I read it. I thought we were discussing the requirement to have so many posts before being able to vote in polls. Not to post in/start threads.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Okay, it's my birthday today so I'm not going to try to not be a asshole about this… We're talking about CP (Community Points), those are points you get for creating articles or having people vote the green thumbs up on your posts. At the moment, to be able to vote you need:

1. At least a certain amount of forum posts: 30 (or 50, not sure)
  2. At least a certain amount of CP: 1

We're discussing getting rid of the CP requirement, nobody has even considered or mentioned getting rid of the forum posts requirement.

On track now?

More on topic, though, how about we at least change the "can't vote, mate" to a more descriptive message. At least just a link to the a FAQ explaining what they need, because the current message really sounds like the voting system is just fucked and the user should go start a thread in the bugs section, pissing everyone off.

0 0

Yeah I get it now. Thanks, and sorry I was Duh Dee Ta Dee.

Happy birthday dude. Hope yours was better than mine.

0 0

stealth- wrote: More on topic, though, how about we at least change the "can't vote, mate" to a more descriptive message. At least just a link to the a FAQ explaining what they need.

This sounds like a good idea, considering how many people ask about it.

Removing the CP requirement would also be nice, cause I know I never clicked one of those hand thingies, and that's probably the case with most of the other people here.