Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

is the search bugged, or is it me

Satan > God
0 0

well the problem IM having is whenever i use the search for, it works fine on the 1st try, but if i try another search, it just redoes the 1st 1… i can override this by returning to index then back to search (or any othe page really).

0 0

you're not the only one having this problem… I had the same problem early today… have you reported it?

Satan > God
0 0

nope, i will now you comfirmed its not just me, whicj is what i kinda thought it was, my pc aint great ^^

edit

someone has reported it in bugs ;)

no point doing it twice

0 0

It is just you two, and probably a few others… I'm not experiencing this issue.

Banned
0 0

Come on, you guys know the debugging-drill. Everyone who has this problem post browser specs (what browser + version) and OS.

Gogogogo.

Satan > God
0 0

fire fox markupMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3

and a nicly cracked version of vista, suck that bill :)

0 0

i'm using the same as him :P vista + FF3

0 0

Well, then there's the common problem… you're both running Vista. I've tested it in FF3 on Windows XP and FF2 & 3 on Gentoo Linux. None of them had the problem.

Satan > God
0 0

vista sucks donkey bollocks, i may go back to linux :) or atleast get my side partion back

0 0

K3174N 420 wrote: vista sucks donkey bollocks, i may go back to linux :) or atleast get my side partion back Dual-boot it. You can resize the Vista partition natively in Vista.

0 0

I'm actually having the same problem, but sometimes the page just doesn't load at all on the second try. Like it loads the header, footer, sides, etc. but not the search or any of the results.

I'm running Windows XP and using Firefox 3.0.0.2.. or something like that; basically Firefox 3

0 0

s3klyma wrote: I'm running Windows XP and using Firefox 3.0.0.2.. or something like that; basically Firefox 3 Firefox 3.0.1 here on Windows XP. Explain exactly what you're doing so I can reproduce it, or I won't be able to discern why you're having the issue.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: [quote]s3klyma wrote: I'm running Windows XP and using Firefox 3.0.0.2.. or something like that; basically Firefox 3 Firefox 3.0.1 here on Windows XP. Explain exactly what you're doing so I can reproduce it, or I won't be able to discern why you're having the issue.[/quote]

Nevermind. I updated to Firefox 3.0.3 after writing that post, and now I can't reproduce it.

But since you're using 3.0.1, it might work for you. Go to search, and click on articles. Now search for 'poison null byte' once the page loads with your results, search for 'rss' , again in articles.

0 0

s3klyma wrote: But since you're using 3.0.1, it might work for you. Go to search, and click on articles. Now search for 'poison null byte' once the page loads with your results, search for 'rss' , again in articles.

No beans on that one, either. Did exactly what you listed, and still didn't get the repetitive search. Only thing I could see it being at this point is a caching issue.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: No beans on that one, either. Did exactly what you listed, and still didn't get the repetitive search. Only thing I could see it being at this point is a caching issue.

Okay. Well since that's all fixed, the common problem is still vista. Thanks for the help

0 0

No problem. Thanks for describing the issue fully.

Retired
10 0

K3174N 420 wrote: vista sucks donkey bollocks, i may go back to linux :) or atleast get my side partion back

i would also say shrink your vista partition and dual boot linux. I wish I still had my vista on dual boot. As much shit as vista gets, over all it's not evil. It's not good, but it's not bad.

EDIT: I forgot…

The reason I wish i still had my vista partition, is because I miss the compatibility of exe's. I mean I can't use cs2 or JTR or anything like that anymore.

0 0

yours31f wrote: As much shit as vista gets, over all it's not evil. It's not good, but it's not bad. It's horrible. You're only keeping it for issues you might run into when trying to get your Windows progs running right under Linux. Other than that, it's useless.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said + useless shit. :angry:

yours31f wrote: The reason I wish i still had my vista partition, is because I miss the compatibility of exe's. I mean I can't use cs2 or JTR or anything like that anymore. Wine or VMWare Server VM of Windows XP. It's that simple.

Retired
10 0

I've tried VMWare and Virtual box, I guess next stop is Wine. Thanks Zephyr.

0 0

yours31f wrote: I've tried VMWare and Virtual box, I guess next stop is Wine. Thanks Zephyr. If you tried VMWare first, that should've fixed your issue. You're probably just not paying attention to the mapping of virtual interfaces to physical ones in Linux… or to the use of NAT vs. bridged.

To clarify:

NAT in VM = use for client programs Bridged in VM = use for server programs

0 0

yours31f wrote: The reason I wish i still had my vista partition, is because I miss the compatibility of exe's. I mean I can't use cs2 or JTR or anything like that anymore.

umm Why can't you use JTR anymore?

0 0

… Because he's an idiot.