Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

shout box

0 0

what is going on with the shout box. Whenever i submit something on my computer it doesn't show up but when i submit something using my Iphone it goes through.

I was reading through the bug reports and i saw this already happening to other people but i didn't see anything about it change on a different computer.

Is this just a problem with my computer or the Browser i use. I know it's not the profile if i am able to use it on my phone.

It would be nice to get an answer to this question and I'm sure other people who have the same problem would appreciate an answer too.

0 0

I'll look into this. Tho, if you could give more details. What OS you are running. What browser. Any plugins. Any odd configs. etc, this way I can target the exact problem, instead of having to start from scratch.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

i'm having the same problem.

i'm running vista and internet explorer 7. no plugins or special configs or anything.

0 0

I think it's an MSIE7 issue, when i post with that it doesn't show up but with FF it does. I'm also running vista.

Banned
0 0

EW! why ever use Internet Explorer when you can easily d/l firefox? although it sucks you have to use IE to get firefox ;)

Banned
0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: EW! why ever use Internet Explorer when you can easily d/l firefox? although it sucks you have to use IE to get firefox ;)

No.

Edit, yeah, FTP.

FTP>Open releases.mozilla.org user/pass: ftp/ftp (anon)

cd pub\mozilla.org\firefox\releases

Grab any

0 0

If you use SSL, it doesn't work.

Banned
0 0

You know what happens a lot, people click "Post" and then decide to navigate away from the page. This seems to disrupt the posting process (I thought that the SQL always beat the crap-speed outta me, but hey), let me test this for you real quick.

Edit:

Yeah, this is a small issue too. Try posting a silly message and instantly after clicking the shout! button, click on a link. No shout to be found.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: EW! why ever use Internet Explorer when you can easily d/l firefox? although it sucks you have to use IE to get firefox ;)

why do you think IE sucks? (the question is not "why is firefox better")

Banned
0 0

I don't like IE, because it's very slow (to me at least), I don't like how it handles tabs, open new tabs is also slow, only 1 good add-on (IEPro), firefox has a lot more addons, firefox is faster, um… IE can't be themed…. Don't get me wrong, I like Microsoft personally, I just think it would be better if they focus on their Operating Systems and their updates, and make Firefox their "official" browser that is included with all Microsoft OS. :D

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: I don't like IE, because it's very slow (to me at least), I don't like how it handles tabs, open new tabs is also slow, only 1 good add-on (IEPro), firefox has a lot more addons, firefox is faster, um… IE can't be themed…. Don't get me wrong, I like Microsoft personally, I just think it would be better if they focus on their Operating Systems and their updates, and make Firefox their "official" browser that is included with all Microsoft OS. :D i think that the speed of the browsers depends on which one is set as the default browser, but maybe i'm wrong. for me, internet explorer is much faster than firefox, but on other computers that i've seen, firefox is faster. i like the fact that internet explorer is very simple too, so i only use firefox if i have need for the plugins (which isnt that often).

i guess we got a bit off topic. sorry about that.

Admin from hell
0 0

@hellboundhackersok, IE can't be themed. WHAT???? You should see mine, You wouldn't even know it was IE. My version of IE6 (Hate IE7, Plus haven't tweaked it yet) Blows FF away. You need to learn how to modify some explorer files:

EX: browseui.dll ieencode.dll Shdocvw.dll A few reg values also: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Back to the original thread shoutbox, plus smilies displaying hasn't worked in IE for about 6 months. Have bitched about this before.

Yes I do use FF but only when I have to.

As far as plug-ins go learn how to migrate some from FF.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

korg wrote: Back to the original thread shoutbox, plus smilies displaying hasn't worked in IE for about 6 months. Have bithched about this before.

smiley displaying works in IE. i can see them. :)

Admin from hell
0 0

You using IE6 or 7, I got 3 boxes on right now. Getting the red "x" box. HMMM……….

0 0

I hope this gets fixed soon