Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Community Points

0 0

Alright, I've had a look around and not seen any other threads about this, so here goes…

The first time I got a PM about community points, I was awarded 10 CPs. When the 2nd PM came about CPs, I had 0 CPs (after I checked the PM). Same with the third PM, which I just received.

It's not a big deal at all. It's just strange, and I'm curious as to why it's happening. Is anyone else having this problem, and do any admins have any input on this? Thanks.

0 0

are you sure the pm's said you gained cp? cuz people can deduct your cp for shitty forum posts

0 0

only_samurai wrote: are you sure the pm's said you gained cp? cuz people can deduct your cp for shitty forum posts

From my PMs:

From: Site Owner Date: October 10 2007 - 00:45:22 Subject: You have had 10 community points awarded Thank you for contributing to the HBH community.

You have been awarded 10 Community Points.

Community Points (CP) are a way of measuring your input into the community, so others can see how much of an active member you are. It also encourages articulate and helpful input around the site. You can see your CP ranking on your profile page.

Once again, thank you for your positive input on this website.

Have a great day!

Regards HBH Staff

Not that I'm denying that I have my fair share of shitty posts… just not recently. :)

0 0

I don't know how this work but I only have 30 CP and I have around 200 forum post … i don't think it's related to forum post count.

0 0

I think, it's a load of shit.

Oh whoops! There goes my cee peez.

ha ha ha…

0 0

Arto_8000 wrote: I don't know how this work but I only have 30 CP and I have around 200 forum post … i don't think it's related to forum post count.

Well, yeah, I know that… I have 390 forum posts.

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: I think, it's a load of shit.

That seems more likely. :) Like I said, it's not a big deal… if no one can figure out what's going on with my CPs, it's cool. I'm sure I'll lose them later, anyways. :whoa:

0 0

Well, I just "received" another 20 CPs about five minutes ago, and I'm still showing "0" in my profile. Should I submit this as a bug? I think it may be related to the username change that I made on my account a while ago (from MagicStackBus to Zephyr_Pure); this seems to be the issue with the point rankings as well, where that old username shows up instead of my current one.

It's not terribly crucial… I would just like my points to be there to reflect my contribution to the people in this community.

0 0

I also think, that it's a little silly how a select few people (namely, moderators) decide what makes up a "quality post" or not. Moderators can't be on constantly to monitor the quality of posts. They might miss particularly good or disgustingly bad one. However, there are ALWAYS users online.

If you want the community points system to truly be effective, you should allow each user to have input as to whether a post deserved points or no. Perhaps a thumbs up or thumbs down button next to the post, as seen in dozens of Web 2.0 sites today. Something that makes it a little more, democratic.

0 1

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Perhaps a thumbs up or thumbs down button next to the post, as seen in dozens of Web 2.0 sites today.

quite right, and its on the list. theres so much stuff to be coded and added to hbh the list is endless, its just finding the time to actually code it and get it done.

i've taken on another dev, so after his main project he's working on now, i'll give him this one and see if he's up for it.

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: quite right, and its on the list. theres so much stuff to be coded and added to hbh the list is endless, its just finding the time to actually code it and get it done.

i've taken on another dev, so after his main project he's working on now, i'll give him this one and see if he's up for it.

alrighty. sounds excellent.

0 0

Can we get back to my original issue now, or do you need to steal my thread for a while longer? ;)

0 0

Of course. :D

My apologies.

0 1

in regards to orignial subject…

i tried adding community points to your account and it doesnt want to update.

i'll check the table for duplicate entries.

leave it with me and i'll put it on my to do list and sort it out soon.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Of course. :D

My apologies.

Oh, dude, I was just f***in' with you. :D

Mr_Cheese wrote: in regards to orignial subject…

leave it with me and i'll put it on my to do list and sort it out soon.

Thanks, Cheese. I appreciate it. :)

Banned
0 0

The CP feature can be very cool. All you gotta do is create/come up with a system which makes them flow, like cash.

No offense but, reviewing the growth of HBH (HBH as application, not as community) I suspect this service will be available in what, ten years? Round up some guys, think this out and then actually code it. It would be great if this was done in 7/14 days. Speed thing up a little.

In the mean time: All your CP are belong to us!

...Legend?
0 0

More work for me…….

Sweet.

If I can keep up me thinks.

Banned
0 0

Bump

Cheese, I am interested what your views are on the CP subject. Will you guys expand the use of CP and make a working system? (the current one is heavily flawed).

If you guys need help with this, be sure to contact me. I can come up with something if needed.

...Legend?
0 0

I belive we are going to go with the idea stated above. There will be a button added to the side of posts kinda like the Digg this article bury this article.

And if the post gets the "positve" button pressed a set amount of times by diffrent users then some CP points will be added to the user who made that post and Visa-Versa with negatives.

Not sure if there will be any Ideas in which CP points can be used for, rather than just to show your usefulness.

Was that of any help?

Banned
0 0

What about personal conflicts. There must be made a "postive/negative feedback reviewing" -thing in order to maintain… order.

0 0

spyware wrote: What about personal conflicts. There must be made a "postive/negative feedback reviewing" -thing in order to maintain… order.

I figure that the negative reviews will also have to accumulate more than one in order for the post to have any negative effects. It'd be silly for it to take multiple positive reviews to get CPs but, on the other hand, to only take one negative to penalize CPs.

Banned
0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: I figure that the negative reviews will also have to accumulate more than one in order for the post to have any negative effects. It'd be silly for it to take multiple positive reviews to get CPs but, on the other hand, to only take one negative to penalize CPs.

Yeah well, there will be personal conflicts and "hbh gangs". Just search for a group of people and bully around y'know?

I think there should be ways to counter these postive/negative values, don't delegate this task to the mods.

0 0

Well, there's no way to realistically combat that without setting the bar for both positives and negatives at a high level. The only thing I could think of would be having the post require a mod response after so many negative ratings for CP penalties to happen. But, then, you have the same problem with positive ratings. Then, you're back in the same boat of mods having to regulate it.

So, what do you suggest, spyware? :)

Banned
0 0

Alright, here goes nothing:

In order to give negative feedback you must have been awarded with an amount of positive feedback first (nothing too hard, lets say seven days of good posts will get you there).

Users that have been awarded even more positive feedback can remove feedback of others (they have to type out a reason and the person will receive a PM with the why and how).

That easy huh.

...Legend?
0 0

I understand the logic behind it, As I think this project was going to be handed to me I'll see if I can implement that, But If Cheese does do it this weekend as he has suggested he may dependent on time, I can not be sure.

Banned
0 0

One cannot be too sure.

0 1

What_A_Legend wrote: he has suggested he may dependent on time, I can not be sure.

well to be fair… i work monday - friday.. 9am - 6pm… and evenings and weekends i try my best to have a social life, so to be fair.. very little time for coding.. espically because i code 8 hours a day at my job!

but yeah, i'll see what i can do with this thumbs up/down system.

0 0

If the issue is needing developers to code the system, people like spyware and I would surely be more then happy to contribute as needed.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: If the issue is needing developers to code the system, people like spyware and I would surely be more then happy to contribute as needed.

I second (or is it third?) that.