Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

explorer.exe in windows\system ?

0 0

Hi! I've just found out that if I put file named explorer.exe in winnt\system32, windows will execute it on the next start-up instead of real explorer.exe which is in winnt, it's clear why it does so, but does this also work for XP? if it does, it must be the best strat-up way for viruses, because start-up managers don't know this trick(or maybe some of them do?) so, does it work on your machine? thanks

0 0

for windows xp? :s

0 0

what does :s mean?

0 0

:s is just another smiley.

I would think that naming your virus explorer.exe and placing it in the system folder would seriously screw up your computer and ironically stop the virus from executing any of it's antics.

0 0

Without explorer.exe you're desktop doesn't work properly I'm not sure it even loads.

0 0

just hijack explorer.exe so everytime youboot up your pc it will run and will be invisible because youve hooked it onto explorer but there a couple of other things you have to do