Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

how do viruses spread..???

0 0

how do viruses spread usin winsock..?? dunt u need like a p2p setup..?? like a server & client…i noe viruses can spread usin outlook [email] n msn messenger….buh how can u spread a virus on a lan..?? using winsock…or anythin else for dat matta……

1. I have searched on g00gle….
  2. I do not intend to use this for evil purposes….
  3. Yea i do really talk like dis…..

0 0

There are many ingenious propagation schemes. A common trend in virus's is a young hip coder will trot down to Security Focus, check it out, find a large service with a buffer overflow vulnerability, code an exploit which exploits the vulnerability, switches to ring0, starts spewing out packets with the exploit all over the place, and suddenly as computers are compromized more and more they all turn into zombies and you have a threat.

Another way is an e-mail virus. They're stupid. They rely entirely on a user's stupidity of clicking and downloading a zip/exe/pif/whatev and running it, which would then infect the machine, and then the virus would start braodcasting itself via SMTP to more people's e-mail accounts, more stupid people would download it, and it's generally very stupid.

Check out the ingenious people at 29a: http://29a.vx.netlux.org/main.html for ingenious vx'ing technqiues. Also, learn to program.

0 0

Think of viurses like viruses like hunters viru being droped and left to be picked up. and think of worms as active viruses, that hunt down they're target. If it uses buffer overflow eploits to propagate then it's a kind of worm with a virus payload. Very cool really, whihc really is the only reason to make one. and to newbies and non-computer able persons you seem uber leet

0 0

thank you guyz…

Also, learn to program.

i do know some programmimg languages like turring, vb, html, n javascript…..n am trina learn more all da time…

Also my second part of da question post earlier waz…how can i use vb n winsock to spread a appz, worms, n harmless virus [Fo a prank..] on a small LAN…..

0 0

taking over peopels computer with a trojan is kinda lame unless you wrote it yourself. even then, its pretty pointless. but the knowledge it self is not bad to have, just what you do with it.

worms spread much like tonto said, so maybe if you learn some code, you coudl be able to get something going there. just remember, sometimes there may be off by one errors in your code that cause the checks and saftey procedures you implemented to be rendered useless. a classic example of this was the Internet Worm by Robert Morris. an off by 1 error in his code caused the check that the worm made to see if it had already infected the system useless, leading to saturated systems that soon fell over.

virri are alittle different than worms. usually they wil come attached to a file (like tonto said, part of an email). however, they can infect the document in different ways. one of the more standard ways is to simply attach thier code to the end of the file. but this is pretty primiitive and doesnt hide the virri's presence much. a slightly more stealthy example is a virus that modifies the fiale allocation table on the target and tries to hide its presence that way. there are even some virri that will attempt to attack the AV program, causeing it to give a "virus free" message when the computer is actually infected.

as to using winsock as a propagation method, i'm sorry but i can't help you there (i'm on Linux and i never learned winsock ;) ). but if it is just a socket interface, it shouldn't be that hard to stuff some bytes down it and spit em out. once you have that done, you can eaisly send whatever you need to to a host.

just remember, be responsible, take some precautions and you'll be okay ;)

and dont forget to learn to code!

gl :)

0 0

Viruses spread using some of the most simple propogation schemes that people can think of, for example, in many different worms, the worm will locate the address book file that the person uses for their email, messenger, or other kind of communication program, and it will then send itself to the users and email addresses it finds in the Address Book. It usually either sets up its own SMTP server on the infected computer and then relays the mail that way, or it searches for one where it is allowed to relay mail through any address. Another propagation scheme is to add itself to any disks inserted, for example, someone inserts a CD or Floppy into a CD or Diskette drive on an infected computer. Some worms or viruses will either wait for the user to add data to the CD or floppy, or they will immediately infect the inserted floppy or CD. Another propogation method, I believe something like this was used by the Sasser worm, is to exploit a hole in a browser or server and download itself onto the persons computer. It would then search for other infectable servers as the user is browsing. That's my input for now. -Psycha