Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Gcc, Cygwin, Windows

0 0

I have Cygwin, and am trying to install Gcc under it. I got the tar.gz file, unzip it the do ./configure. In the process of configuring, it gives me this:

checking for gcc… no checking for cc… no configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

How do I fix this?

0 0

make sure that gcc is in your $PATH statement

––EDIT—

wait, wtf? you need gcc to install gcc? how does that work…? also, i'm not sure if gcc will run under cwygin…

0 0

its just checking to see if gcc is installed, it is not needed. make sure $PATH is correct

0 0

I'm in the cygwin bash shell, and I change directory to C:\cygwin\bin\gcc-4.0.0. Then, I do a ./configure, until I get to that. So I am in the right path. I googled cc and apparently it's a c compiler. So I need a c compiler put into $PATH?

0 0

nah, the ./configure script is just a GNU script thats used to prep the system for install.

to view your path type echo $PATH at the prompt

0 0

Ok, I did that, and it gave me a ton of directories. One of which was the bin file of SDCC, a c compiler. So how do I get this to work? I don't think I'm understanding what needs to be done. What I think is I need to have a c compiler in $PATH, which is done. Or is this something totally different? I think I'm lost…

Someone please help.