Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

reading exes

0 0

So I want to read the output (what the app prints in cmd window) of an exe or say like one of the apps in the app challs. How do I go about stringing this in say perl or C/C++. I have been trying to find a tut for a while now with no success. I have tried STDIN but that doesn't work right and comes out as garbage b/c they aren't text files. Any pointers or tuts would be sweet guys.

thnx aVoid

Banned
0 0

aVoid wrote: So I want to read the output (what the app prints in cmd window) of an exe or say like one of the apps in the app challs. How do I go about stringing this in say perl or C/C++. I have been trying to find a tut for a while now with no success. I have tried STDIN but that doesn't work right and comes out as garbage b/c they aren't text files. Any pointers or tuts would be sweet guys.

thnx aVoid

There hasnt been any way to decompile one to see inside yet. You have to have the source code to know whats inside one. Thats why .exe is so popular fro viruses.

Bl4ckC4t

0 0

I got it to work finally. Just needed to pipe the output.