Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Avoiding pop-up/pop-under on free webhosts

0 0

Hi, Does anyone around here knows a way to avoid pop-up's or pop-under's used by (alot of) free webhosts? I guess all i want is a way to disable this javascript:

<!-- Ad by site.com --><noscript></noscript>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.site.com/media/layer.php?bid=46951331">
</script><!-- /Ad by site.com --></body>

Greetz

ps. I replaced the sites adres

0 1

is that placed at the top or bottom of the page?

0 0

i'm not sure what you mean but here is a screenshot of the source code (its just a welcome page) and the popup is a big as a screen, slides from the left to the right over your screen

0 0

I would think it would be put at the top of the page

0 0

as you can see in my screenshot the 'add' is placed right before the </body> tag, at the end of the page that is.

0 0

If you're talking client side, there's several possibilities, the harshest being just turn off js. If you're using firefox, just get the adblock and flashblock plugins. For any browser in general, I'd definitely recommend learning how to use proxomitron which could easily filter something like that out.

HTH

0 0

yeah i know about proxomitron its a nice tool well seems like there is nothing else i can do to stop that sh*tty thing … but ideas still welcome !!

0 0

</noscript> without the *'s