Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

personal WEBSITE creation

0 0

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what methods I should go about designing my website, with forums, downloads section, etc. I want to make one for myself, and host it at home. I can barely program in PHP, I know some C++, and I know some HTML as well. I tried too many freebies site and I was discontent with their ads, and pop-ups. Feedback would be greatly appreciated! :|

Linux (Fedora Core 4) HP Pavilion w/ AMD Athlon +2000

0 1

it depends what you want your website to be.

if you want a simple no user interection website, then make it in HTML and create a good temptplate with photoshop.

If you want a community and user interaction, then use PHP.

Also if you are on free hosting, but dont like the ads.. use the <div> tag and align the page at the top. This way your page will be displayed over the top of the ads. So visitors wont see them ;-)

0 0

Mr. Cheese apparently does NOT sleep. I greatly respect that, dude. Thanks for the quick reply. I will google the <div> tag you're talking about… I'm not too familiar w/ it. But, hey, thanks. If you have an example of it, I would love to see it. For the rest of you guys, suggest any other software that enhances website graphics/looks (or is Photoshop enough?) One more question, if I was to use PHP, does that mean that I can host the website at my house (on my computer)? And would I also need apache for that? Have a great day.

PS: Get some sleep Mr. Cheese –> You've done enough, already!!!!

0 1

pr1nc3 wrote: PS: Get some sleep Mr. Cheese –> You've done enough, already!!!!

pffft. i've had plenty sleep. roughly 9 - 10 hours total in the last 2 days!

also here is the div tag: markup&lt;div style=&quot;position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #FFFFFF&quot;&gt;

enter your page info here

markup&lt;/div&gt;

0 0

pr1nc3 catch me on aim or pm me threw the system here i do a free package with a 468x68 banner ad which u can put anywere on your site :: read the tos :: http://dragstarhosting.com.

-Ben