Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Brute-force in c++

0 0

I googled about brute-force algorithm in c++ and I even more confuse! I really need someone that can explain me the algorithm specifically..

0 0

As far as the logic about brute force goes it is just all possible combinations within a char-set and range. For example, brute forcing all combination of lower (a - z) and upper (A - Z) case alpha and also numeric (0-9) with a minimum and maximum length of 5 would be around 916 million combinations (aaaaa, aaaab, …, aaaaA, aaaaB, etc..) If you are using Linux then the program "crunch" is great for generating all combinations in a given char-set and range.

$ crunch 5 5 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789 Crunch will now generate the following amount of data: 5496796992 bytes 5242 MB 5 GB 0 TB 0 PB Crunch will now generate the following number of lines: 916132832 ^CCrunch ending at

Here is a bit of code I have handy on my computer that brute-forces all 4 digit possibilities (0-9).

pass_code[0] = a + '0';

for(b = 0; b < 10; b++) {

pass_code[1] = b + '0';

for(c = 0; c < 10; c++) {

pass_code[2] = c + '0';

for(d = 0; d < 10; d++) {

pass_code[3] = d + '0';
                    strcpy(send_data, "UoMYTrfrBFHyQXmg6gzctqAwOmw1IohZ ");
                    strncat(send_data, pass_code, 4);
                    strcat(send_data, "\0");
                    printf("%s\n", send_data);
                    /*len = strlen(send_data);
                    printf("\n%d\n", len);
                    sent_data = send(sockfd, send_data, len, 0);
                    printf("%s", "i sent it...");
                    recvd_data = recv(sockfd, server_reply, 500, 0);
                    recvd_data = recv(sockfd, server_reply, 500, 0);
                    printf("%s\n", server_reply);
                    */
               }
          }
     }
}```

http://pastebin.com/djk4Rb5K

This was for a war-game type thing at http://overthewire.org/wargames/

0 0

Sorry to hijack this thread but I thought this was interesting…

//spartax baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t

real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.000s baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t

real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.000s baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t

real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.000s //skeet baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t2

real 0m0.001s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.000s baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t2

real 0m0.001s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.004s baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:~/code/hbh$ time ./t2

real 0m0.001s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.000s

It appears for some reason my code runs/executes fast… this is with your put() commented out and my printf() commented out (yours is t mine is t2).

Compiled with gcc -Wall -o t test.c

When I let the program output to stdout (yours with put() and mine with printf()) mine is still fast then too. I have no idea why and it isn't by much…

with output.. $time ./t … … … real 0m0.070s // <– other run times: 0m0.068, 0m0.057 user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.020s

$time ./t2 … … … real 0m0.054s // <– other run times: 0m0.053, 0m0.057 user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.020s

no clue why this is if you have any idea let me know

edit:size of the executable's baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:/code/hbh$ size t text data bss dec hex filename 1491 568 8 2067 813 t baldjewishnazi@ubuntu:/code/hbh$ size t2 text data bss dec hex filename 1625 568 8 2201 899 t2

your is 8712 bytes and mine is 8720

10 0

Fuck c++, fuck java, fuck crunch.

PYTHON. (Ignore the php tags)

[php] import itertools import argparse

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser() parser.add_argument('–min',help="minimum characters used / Default is 2", type=int, default=1,dest='min') parser.add_argument('–max',help="maximum characters used / Default is 20", type=int, default=20,dest='max') args = parser.parse_args()

characters = [chr(i) for i in range(ord('a'), ord('z')+1)] + [chr(i) for i in range(ord('A'), ord('Z')+1)] + [str(i) for i in range(0, 10)] + ['@', '!', '$', '%', '^', '&', '*', '(', ')', '-', '_', '+', '=']

for j in range (args.min,args.max+1): for i in itertools.product(characters, repeat= j): print ''.join(i) [/php]

0 0

why f**k C++ and Java ?

10 9

Pythons soooooooo 1337 it can fuck whatever it wants man.

0 0

Its okay python has so many libraries. But Nothing beats C/C++

10 0

spartax wrote: Its okay python has so many libraries. But Nothing beats C/C++

From my experience scripting languages come handy in our industry, especially Python which has tones of modules+it's syntax is easy to read.

My actual script is 5 lines (you don't really need the parser). What I can do know is add 4 more lines and BOOM I can brute force a login/directory or whatever I want. Try that in C and you'll realise it's not efficient, since it takes me 3-5 min and it will take you 30+

Bear in mind that when you're on a big project (pentest or whatever) you might have a colleague or two with you. Obviously you need to be at the same page and probably confirm each other's findings. You can't spend hours just for a tool. You need to be agile and make changes to your scripts on the fly. P Y T H O N thumbs up

0 0

I've made a code and it worked on lower and uppercase letter..but i don't know how to handle the numbers..can someone help me with a hint or something?? newbie here..

string password;
    cout &lt;&lt; &quot;Enter a string password = &quot;;
    cin &gt;&gt; password;
    string alphabetslow = &quot;abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz&quot; ;
    string alphabetsup = &quot;ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ&quot;;
    string numerics = &quot;123456789&quot; ;
    string bruted;
    int counts = 0;
    int i;

do {
        cout &lt;&lt; &quot;Brute-forcing... &#92;n&quot;;
        for ( i = 0; i &lt; 26; i++) {