Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Recommend A Python Book To Me!

0 0

Hello Dear Viewer, I already know HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, SQL & C/C++ (I am not a master in neither but have competitive knowledge in each of them!). So learning Python won\'t be a pain but really I have learned all those from \"lynda.com\" & in 2-3 days I am starting there \"Python\" tutorials as well but believe me I want to be a master in Python :) ! So I will become a intermediate of Python soon but I want to be a master I wanna be enough able to write a program that comes in my mind easily & hence videos not gonna help me much, I wanna read books that can help me!

Sorry for poor English, my creative writing is sick! :xx:

Thanks & Best Regards, Xeeshan Rahat.

0 2

Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science 2nd Edition

College Level Textbook at a pretty good price. You can pick up a new copy for under $30. If you are learning on Lynda, it might be more beneficial to just get a cookbook to supplement the learning.

0 0

tuXthEhxR wrote: If you are learning on Lynda, it might be more beneficial to just get a cookbook to supplement the learning. What does this means? :O ? Do you mean they are already good or do you mean they are sh*t?

0 2

A regular textbook will teach you both the theory and the coding to solve a problem. It most cases, a textbook is far more beneficial then just a cookbook. It is usually far more comprehensive; but also much more difficult to read.

A cookbook will display code and depict a summary of what that code does. It doesn\'t teach you the theory behind things, how things work, and why use one method over another, but if you are learning all of that on the Lynda tutorials, and just wish to have coding examples, a cookbook is probably the way to go.

There are arguments for which is better, and usually a textbook prevails, but in key circumstances a cookbook may be more beneficial; if and only if it is supplementing your learning experience from another source.

I have never watch the Lynda tutorials, as I mainly use the NewBoston tutorials; not saying they are better or worse, just what I tend to use.

0 0

tuXthEhxR wrote: A regular textbook will teach you both the theory and the coding to solve a problem. It most cases, a textbook is far more beneficial then just a cookbook. It is usually far more comprehensive; but also much more difficult to read.

A cookbook will display code and depict a summary of what that code does. It doesn\\\\\\\'t teach you the theory behind things, how things work, and why use one method over another, but if you are learning all of that on the Lynda tutorials, and just wish to have coding examples, a cookbook is probably the way to go.

There are arguments for which is better, and usually a textbook prevails, but in key circumstances a cookbook may be more beneficial; if and only if it is supplementing your learning experience from another source.

I have never watch the Lynda tutorials, as I mainly use the NewBoston tutorials; not saying they are better or worse, just what I tend to use.

Ohh, Thanks A Lot Bro\'!

...Legend?
0 0

Might not be of use to you, but this is a great place to begin any some languages.

Python has recently been added. Hope it helps if not why not teach there, We should defiantly support these sort of sites.

http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python

0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: Might not be of use to you, but this is a great place to begin any some languages.

Python has recently been added. Hope it helps if not why not teach there, We should defiantly support these sort of sites.

http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python

Thanks you very much Sir, I already have done the video tutorials (from lynda.com) & my personal experience is that video tutorials are not of much help! So, I just recently bought a PYTHON book & now I am studying it :) !

But Still, Thanks Sir!