Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

bored

0 0

Anyone have an idea for a small project in java cause i'm bored right now.

0 -1

Arabian wrote: Smash the Stack?

Why would you recommend smashthestack? Last time I checked, you needed to know c and how to code exploits before you could make it past the second level.

0 0

ellipsis wrote: [quote]Arabian wrote: Smash the Stack?

Why would you recommend smashthestack? Last time I checked, you needed to know c and how to code exploits before you could make it past the second level.[/quote]

Are you assuming buddywithgol's brain is incapable of expanding?

0 -1

Arabian wrote: [quote]ellipsis wrote: [quote]Arabian wrote: Smash the Stack?

Why would you recommend smashthestack? Last time I checked, you needed to know c and how to code exploits before you could make it past the second level.[/quote]

Are you assuming buddywithgol's brain is incapable of expanding?[/quote]

Some people just can't JMP straight into coding exploits, brosef.

Remember, he's also the guy who doesn't know file i/o. Even your signature says something about a good programmer doesn't learn to program by watching a few instructional videos. Who knows what level he's at coding wise…

I just think it's silly to recommend something like hacking a computer to some dude who is just playing around on a web hacker playground. Whatever you call this sort of website.

When he's ready, it will be appropriate to recommend hacking computers. Other than that, you can only assume that he's only here for fun. This site is pretty fun. I've been here since '06. I still haven't brought myself to hacking computers. I'm just a computer programmer. Still in college. Have other things to do.

Perhaps he is in the same boat.

@buddywithgol If you want to jump straight into cracking machines, click the link to smashthestack.org.

0 -1

buddywithgol wrote: Anyone have an idea for a small project in java cause i'm bored right now.

You want a small project? Write a chat application. Write a program that recursively stores every file and directory in a given path to a flat file database which you can use to search for files or directories later with.

This could update the database (wipe before you update).

jlocate –update /path/to/store

This could search after the database is created. It would list any line containing search keywords.

jlocate "keywords"

This could be used to wipe the database.

jlocate –wipe

You could have a verbose update which would list each directory as the database is constructed and a silent update (the default update) which will just tell when the database is finished.

Write that, it can be a normal console application like slocate/locate except written in Java and much less powerful.

Do that. You shouldn't be bored for maybe a day or two.

// Edit: I fixed a grammatical error.

0 0

I just don't operate under the assumption that everyone's retarded (explaining my intense displeasure when they do show it but I DIGRESS), and I certainly wasn't ready for STS when I joined up, but the exposure to not only my own shortcomings, but also the discussion material was contentious enough to help me even in my intense incapability. Same with this site.

It's personal opinion, but being exposed to things out of your league is a great experience nonetheless.

Also, how the fuck can he not understand file io? It's really damn simple >:/

0 -1

Arabian wrote: It's personal opinion, but being exposed to things out of your league is a great experience nonetheless.

I agree very much. I can see now how that would be a good experience for him.

Arabian wrote: Also, how the fuck can he not understand file io? It's really damn simple >:/

And who knows, dude. Beats me. Lol :ninja:

0 0

ellipsis, i think everything you're saying is stupid. What is the real importance of knowing IO compared to the potential to learn IO plus many other things?

It was proven scientifically that when we demand more knowledge on tests than what we actually need students to know, they learn much more than they would if they had studied just the necessary and more basic stuff, consequently getting higher grades. This means that if buddywithgol make all efforts to do the challenges of smash the stack he will end up knowing more about computer security than if he just made the basic java programs you're asking him.

Learning about computers in general and their software and hardware will not make him become the best programmer of all time, but he will definitely be more prepared to face not only computer problems but also programming ones as he will know more about how the computers work. You should know as a programmer that if you know more on how the computer works you are able to program much better software! For example, implementing threads without knowing how the threads work inside the operating system and hardware will make it unpredictable to assume what are the steps ocurring and their order.

I think everything you write sounds as if you were trying to prove us you are awesome, so i guess your self-esteem is low, otherwise you wouldn't have this constant necessity to massage your ego. People have different oppinions, give answers to people on this forum just to aid them, not to compete with anybody. The people will grab the answers that sound more appropriate for their own needs.

What you keep doing in every thread is called in my country as: "small penis syndrome". People with small penises like to sound as if they had a big one.

0 0

@buddywithgol

don't feel upset or pissed off , everyone is a n00b at first . and always remember that it's the constant flaming that makes the best what they are .

it feels awkward to get lectured by an indian 15 year old , doesn't it ? :D

0 0

Personally, the maximum I was able to go to on STS(IO wargame) was to the 2nd level. I don't know C and exploits, so most probably, I have to learn C to proceed further. Bleh.

0 0

i went to STS and i was like whatthef**kisalltheseohmygoshwhatamidoinghereineedtogetouttaherequick .

0 -1

chess_rock wrote: This means that if buddywithgol make all efforts to do the challenges of smash the stack he will end up knowing more about computer security than if he just made the basic java programs you're asking him.

Telling someone who seems to be a beginner programmer to go and attempt to exploit systems is ridiculous. My e-peen isn't too large. I'm just saying… He wanted a new project… So I gave him one… Go to a high school programming class and tell them to beat smashthestack. Those wargames are just way out of a lot of peoples league. It's not for everyone.

0 0

goluhaque wrote: Personally, the maximum I was able to go to on STS(IO wargame) was to the 2nd level. I don't know C and exploits, so most probably, I have to learn C to proceed further. Bleh.

newbee wrote: i went to STS and i was like whatthef**kisalltheseohmygoshwhatamidoinghereineedtogetouttaherequick .

From now on I will not post words, only my stamp of approval or disapproval.

0 -1

Arabian wrote: From now on I will not post words, only my stamp of approval or disapproval.

Seriously though. That is to be expected from them. Only people who really get deeply involved in that sort of shit have any chance. They should have awesome knowledge of C and assembly language. They should also know what the fuck they are doing. I hope by saying that I don't seem to have a large e-peen. It's just the truth… I give tons of respect to people who can crack machines. I don't see myself ever doing that sort of thing. So, much respect to you Arabian if you've completed smashthestack.

// Edit: I took out some of the quote

0 0

ellipsis wrote: [quote]Arabian wrote: From now on I will not post words, only my stamp of approval or disapproval.

Seriously though. That is to be expected from them. Only people who really get deeply involved in that sort of shit have any chance. They should have awesome knowledge of C and assembly language. They should also know what the fuck they are doing. I hope by saying that I don't seem to have a large e-peen. It's just the truth… I give tons of respect to people who can crack machines. I don't see myself ever doing that sort of thing. So, much respect to you Arabian if you've completed smashthestack.

// Edit: I took out some of the quote[/quote]

0 -1

Arabian wrote:

0 0

Arabian wrote: [quote]ellipsis wrote: [quote]Arabian wrote: From now on I will not post words, only my stamp of approval or disapproval.

// Edit: I took out some of the quote[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice avatar, lolz. Bouncing Tits.

0 0

man i won't even comment on this one .

0 0

oh wait i just did

Admin from hell
0 0

newbee wrote: man i won't even comment on this one .

I am, Let's calm down a bit here and stay on topic or it's getting locked.

0 0

man there's no topic ! OP says he's bored , so we're trying to entertain him that's all :D

Admin from hell
0 0

buddywithgol wrote: Anyone have an idea for a small project in java cause i'm bored right now.

"small project in java" is the topic not flaming each other about their intelligence level.