Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stanford is demoing CS221 online this year.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hey guys,

In case anyone might be interested, Stanford University is testing some new waters by allowing completely free online enrollment in their "CS221: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" class. Everyone will participate exactly like the physical students, with assignments that must be handed in and a midterm/final exam.

Date: Sep. 26 to Dec. 16, 2011 Registration Deadline: Sep. 10, 2011 Prerequisites: A solid understanding of probability and linear algebra will be required. Recommended text: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/

A strong familiarity with programming is obviously key. It appears Lisp, Python, or Java are the main focus, but also very open to other language usage from what I can tell. If you are missing the prerequisites, or just want to brush up on your math in preparation, the following Khan Academy courses should be useful for preparation:

http://www.khanacademy.org/#linear-algebra http://www.khanacademy.org/#probability http://www.khanacademy.org/#statistics

The video claims that at least 10h/week will be required to complete the course on a sufficient level and pass it, so it's obviously a very serious course. I'm definitely stoked to be enrolled in this, and I figured some of you might be interested as well.

0 0

Certainly looks interesting. It covers a wide variety of topics in AI and the book they use is really great. I'm a little bit surprised by the fast pace though. This means they can't go in-depth at all, which is when it actually becomes interesting. For instance, they try to explain NNs, SVMs, boosting AND clustering in 1 week! There's certainly more to clustering then just (generalized) K-means, and a perceptron is definitely not the most sophisticated NN.

Anyway, good luck studying. ;)

0 0

Sounds like a very interesting course. The link to the book was a very good addition for those of us that want in on the AI field. I'll be reading it ;D

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Arabian wrote: Sounds like a very interesting course. The link to the book was a very good addition for those of us that want in on the AI field. I'll be reading it ;D

From what I've heard it is supposed to be a very, very good book for learning AI. Enjoy ;)

GTADarkDude wrote: I'm a little bit surprised by the fast pace though. This means they can't go in-depth at all, which is when it actually becomes interesting. For instance, they try to explain NNs, SVMs, boosting AND clustering in 1 week! There's certainly more to clustering then just (generalized) K-means, and a perceptron is definitely not the most sophisticated NN.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the input, I'll keep that in mind while taking the course.

Anyway, good luck studying. ;)

0 0

I am taking an AI course this Fall and we are using this very book. I have already began reading it and it is very interesting. I am glad I finally got a book that takes on a "modern" approach because I am tired of reading books that introduce the same ideas and methodologies that have been around forever.

0 0
I am taking an AI course this Fall and we are using this very book. I have already began reading it and it is very interesting. I am glad I finally got a book that takes on a "modern" approach because I am tired of reading books that introduce the same ideas and methodologies that have been around forever.```

Could you share those book with me, it may be useful for me.

And link to khan academy was super stealth.

0 0

link to khan academy was super stealth. agree with u ghost :happy:

0 0

GTADarkDude wrote: – And why won't that first [ url ] tag work?

Seems to be the %20 in it.